Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KEEP THE 06 GT??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: KEEP THE 06 GT??

I'd keep the '06 and supercharge it, and you'll still come out ahead moneywise.

Like the others said, who knows what nightmare is lurking inside that Cobra,(especially with mods done already). I wouldn't chance it, your car is new, you know what its all about, sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side, but you'd probably regret it!

Also, the '06 might be a hard sell. I was actually thinking of selling my '06 GT for an '07 manual GT. Then I thought, I'll never get what I want, which after paying my loan will not give me much to put down on another car (higher payments and adding another year again to the loan) Anybody buying a GT, for a few or couple of grand more, will just go to a dealer, get one brand new, or a leftover new, get the financing right at the dealer ( with a cheaper interest rate than getting a loan for a used car), and in my case, (maybe yours too), I'm financing, so after the buyer payed me, and after I paid the loan off, could I get the buyer his/her title for the car, after they gave me thousands of dollars! Not an attractive deal! (Plus you have mods to the '06, a harder sell yet).

Enjoy your '06!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Rustan

I previously owned an 03 Cobra and I wish that I still had it. I liked it 10x better than my 07....although it could be the 500+rwhp it had.....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Keep your platform and supercharge it. S197 is a better design and better built car. Excellent torsional stability, much nicer interior, virtually everybody thinks they look better. The previous gen Stangs become big rattle traps after about 5 years.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default UPDATED...!!!RE: KEEP THE 06 GT??

Thanks guys for all your input. I was anxious to get over there to see what I could do. I went today, test drove it and talked to the salesman. It rode great and the power...damn! But after really looking at the paint, it has a lot swirls in it, some dings in the paint and whoever touched it up with the paint doesnt have a clue about paint matching. The price was $26,000 and I also think that is pretty steep. The interior of the car is in good shape, lots and lots of mods but couldnt give me a complete list, just what I saw.
The 06 stays and hopefully a supercharger very soon. But first is some new rubber. It still has the stock BFG's on it and the somehow I put a gash in the right side front tire. So a good excuse to upgrade to a bigger size. Also thinking which charger would be better, the Roush or a Saleen??? I like the idea of the Saleen in which you can keep your aftermarket cold air. I guess I will go to you guys again when I cross that bridge.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:03 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I'd say keep your GT. It has less miles, built better and with a few suspension mods will be just as fast as an 03 Cobra. Its a newer car, still under warranty and looks good.

EDIT: LOL, I didnt read your last post before I posted my opinion, which is good because you got my opinion without me knowing what you already did, LOL. Good choice man, and if you go with aS/C get a KB with intercooler, otherwise go Turbo.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Glad you kept it! and the price IMO was a bit steep! buying a used car from the dealer that rapes you on the mark up to get all he can in commission just doesn't sit well for me...JMO but glad you kept the GT and I have driven in both a termi and my whipped GT and I personally like my car more....biased sure but than again if you really didn't want to keep the 06 GT then why post it in the 2005+ section (most opinions will be biased) J