Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please offer advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Please offer advice...

or ebay motors.

you are more likely to find someone who is willing to pay a little more for the mods you've already done.

ORIGINAL: GRABBER CS

I sold my modified eclipse gsx on modifiedcartrader.com for more than anyone else was offering me. The guy bought it for what i listed it for. I also had somebody else on standby just in case the deal fell thru! List it for what you want and you'll probably get close to it.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I found mine on ebay! I have sold alot of cars on ebay too. It is all about finding that right person at the right time. Funny thing is always the first time I list a car, it doesnt sell, but always when I relist, it sells. Good luck to you. It is a gorgeous car
Old 03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Thank you everyone - if this does go through, I will miss you all I promise I will be back though...
Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

goodluck!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

If I hit the Powerball tonight I'll buy your car for what you paid for it. Just to help ya out, so wish me luck
Old 03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you probably will get close to that 26, maybe a little less......remember mods are not for everyone so that can be a turn off for many people....you dont have major body mods so it looks clean stilll so that helps.....Good luck with whatever you choose
hmmm...."helps" him in what way Mr Howarmat......just what exactly do you mean?

You trying to say cars with, hmm, let's say Cervini's additions, are scrubby-looking and unappealing to the general market....?

I like to think the Skunkster looks rather clean herself.....dirty body kit and all.

saddle ~
Old 03-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

the price of a used car is partly based on the blue book price but it's partly based on how it has been or has not been modified.

Molest, er, excuse me... MOD your car and you're going to limit the appeal to those who want a stock Mustang, don't care for that body kit, wheels, exhaust sound, chrome parts, etc.
I'd rather start with a stock Mustang and not have to pull off parts and then install the ones I want.

So with that many parts, unless you get some buyer willing to pay you over high bluebook, you should take the time to strip it down to stock and then open your own eBay store selling the used aftermarket parts.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:06 PM
dafeesh
1st Gear Member

Maybe start drumming up interest by finding where the car guys around you hang out, or maybe car shows. Plant the seed of envy in them and then fertilze it by letting on that you might be selling. Then harvest the crop of willing buyers who know what the car can do and respect the care that you have had for it. That is my terrible metaphor for today. Best of luck on what ever you decide with your beautiful car.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 PM
airborneallthway
2nd Gear Member

Of course you will always find someone who wants bone stock, unmodified and untouched. But somewhere out there, there's someone who wants YOUR car. The more mods you do, the narrower the market for your car is, but the more that narrower market will be willing to pay for your car. It's a give a little, get a little kind of deal. eBay is a good place to try because people from alllll over can see it, sothat person who will pay your price for the mods you have will be more likely to access, if not buy, the car.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Thanks everyone...

Quick Reply: Please offer advice...