Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the V6 Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Why is the V6 Bad?

do you really think everybody in the world cares about perfomance, do you really. and if the person really cares about performance and they cant afoord the v8, are they not as cool, because it seems you are the type of person that buys becuse of hype. either that or you are a close minded i wont say what no disrepect man but be real. i see people driving corvetts all the time, they never ride out and floor it, hell i was talking with this hot as hell 55 year old women yesterday that has a black 05 gt and she was taking her time, she said hasnt gunned it yet and wont, she just likes the car and for the v6, it does have performance, you might have to do a lot of mods, but hell, buy what you like, do you even have an 05 or are you just here, that was a serious question not a joke
Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Were only coky until the corbas are out and then we will be in the same boat..hahah ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

coooooooobra.... GI joeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 04-05-2005, 08:21 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

that is really funny man
Old 04-05-2005, 08:24 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05
it is a great car and buy what you want. most people just want the gt becuase society thinks its cool. i could have bought the gt, but i did not care, i like cheaper gas and cheaper insurance, i dont care about what people think is cool, wont buy something because its about having the best, or change my opinion becuase i feel i have to. I do understand what you feel though. i am looking for a different site because most gt owners seem to be coky, their fast but come on, the dam car doesnt make you cool, the car doesnt make you , you. it just makes you go fast. if that makes them cool then ok. my insurance is still cheaper
You took the words right out of my mouth. I could afford to buy the GT, but I like the idea that I don't have to pay as much for gas as the guy in the GT (with gas at $2.59 and rising, for the cheap stuff!). I could also afford to pay for the higher gas cost, but I choose not to. For anyone to say that a V6 driver is "just in it for the look", SFW?!? The V8 drivers are "just in it for the power of the engine." Who's to say which one is the "better" person. It's absolutely rediculous for someone to say "V6 drivers suck because they have slow cars" or "V8 drivers suck because they have to pay more and they're just showing off in their cars."

Seriously, it shouldn't matter to you what anyone else thinks. If you want the GT, buy the damn GT. If you want the V6, buy the frickin V6. That's all there is to it.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:27 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

amen brotha amen
Old 04-05-2005, 08:30 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

do you really think everybody in the world cares about perfomance, do you really. and if the person really cares about performance and they cant afoord the v8, are they not as cool, because it seems you are the type of person that buys becuse of hype. either that or you are a close minded i wont say what no disrepect man but be real. i see people driving corvetts all the time, they never ride out and floor it, hell i was talking with this hot as hell 55 year old women yesterday that has a black 05 gt and she was taking her time, she said hasnt gunned it yet and wont, she just likes the car and for the v6, it does have performance, you might have to do a lot of mods, but hell, buy what you like, do you even have an 05 or are you just here, that was a serious question not a joke
no i dont have an 05, but thats got nothing to do with it. i dont think that everyone has to be into fast cars, if you arent then dont pretend to be by buying a auto v6. a modded v6 will never be a gt. if you have the money to upgrade a v6 then you shoulda just got the gt to begin with. no i dont buy cars based on hype, that is exactally what i am bitchin about, people who do. and just because you have the v8 doesnt mean you have to peel out at every stoplight. i just think that the v6 takes away from the mustangs reputation.

the gt is a performance car, the v6 is not.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Mustangs Reputation....

It always had a V6 option, which by the way always outsold the V8 version.

Here is a GREAT Mustang History Site...

http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/history.htm

There was even one or two years they put 4 Bangers in some mustangs...

Make note that the HP of the V8 GT is near or excedes the HP Ratings of most of the stangs through the late 60s and early 70's with exceptions of the "special" Cars.

My point is... there has always been a V6 Stang... Todays V6 HP rating is higher then a lot of 6 bangers out there with 2x the pricetag.

It IS a good deal for the money no matter how you look at it.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

if you are into performance then you get the big engine PERIOD. comparing a 4.0 v6 in a 2005 mustang and a 289 in a 65 is stupid. v6 is an image car that is missing one ********.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:02 PM
family truckster

HEY n4ggs,

When my V6 convertible comes in I'm putting racing stripes, a hood scoop and a GT trunk emblem on it!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
squirrel

Well using the same theories im reading here, then all V8 owners must just be going for the same "look" as the V6 owners. Because they didnt buy the REAL muscle car... the GT500. Must be missing a ******** since they dont have 450hp. Why buy a V8 when you can buy the GT500?... sounds like these people are also being "cheap" and trying to pretend like they are driving the true muscle car. I wonder if in the GT500 forum they have a post called "Why is the V8 bad?".

Just a making point.

Quick Reply: Why is the V6 Bad?