Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the V6 Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Centryblu

Default Why is the V6 Bad?

I know the 05 GT is awesome...from engine to body...everybody loves that GT emblem and all that it stands for. But why do so many people hate on the V6? Just curious guys...why cant there be an almighty alliance of the two? haha...
Old 04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Why is the V6 Bad?

The V6 is NOT "Bad".

I just isn't a V8.

That is like asking why a 4 cylinder is bad... it's not... bad... just .... s.... l....o....w.....[sm=trust_me.gif]

Mustangs and always had a 6 Cyl option from day one. and a bigillion of them have run down the road.

They are great... they just don't have the Kick or Pizzaz that the V8 does.[sm=gears.gif]

WHY do guys dish out 65,000 for the BMW M3 when they could just buy the 325i instead for 1/2 the money... same car... different engine.

I wonder if Ford will offer a 4 Cyl option! [sm=lame.gif][sm=forgetit.gif]
Old 04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

hey man the v6 is not that bad at all, the new 4.0 any way. i have one and love it, ive done engine mods and this weeken im hopefully getting my dyno tune, and hopefully having 240 to 250 hp, hopefully more, we will see, but it is a great car and buy what you want. most people just want the gt becuase society thinks its cool. i could have bought the gt, but i did not care, i like cheaper gas and cheaper insurance, i dont care about what people think is cool, wont buy something because its about having the best, or change my opinion becuase i feel i have to. I do understand what you feel though. i am looking for a different site because most gt owners seem to be coky, their fast but come on, the dam car doesnt make you cool, the car doesnt make you , you. it just makes you go fast. if that makes them cool then ok. my insurance is still cheaper
Old 04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Like I've said in other forums just because a person has a V6 in their car does not intrinsically make it either inferior or slow. The V6 in the 05 Mustangs today have as much or more hp than the GT's of the late 80's and maybe early 90's not to mention the 05 V6's handle much better. It's all a matter of perspective. If Ford had wanted to they could have made a 300 hp V6 that would probably have out done the GT by virtue of the fact that it would probably have had more torque.

As far as six cylinder engines go there are cars out there, though much more expensive, that have sixes with more horses than the Mustang GT's. Porsche comes to mind. To go by the mentality that more cylinders is always better then you can also say that bigger is always better. A 5.0L V8 is better than a 4.6L V8 and so on. This, of course, is not true. Indie cars have 700+ hp V8's... very small ones, to the tune of 3.0L. Does anyone say they are slow? Does anyone call them inferior because they have such a tiny V8. Of course not. Again, just a matter of perspective.

I read an article about a Neon something that gives the GT a good run for it's money and I'm fairly sure a Neon does not have a V8. I could give many examples of cars that do not have V8's that perform nearly as well as the GT, both comparable in price as well as more expensive. It's all what you like and what you want. Besides, unless you're going to drag race it only what difference does it make? More horses would be nice but the V6 has plenty enough for most people.

Just my own honest opinion.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

vb 101, you could not have said it better any other way man props
Old 04-05-2005, 07:55 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

i dont like v6s because a mustang is a performance car. people who buy v6 auto mustangs are in it for the image not the drive.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Nickdotcom
I ♥ Acer

I agree american muscle should have a mean V-8
Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

who said the v6 was a mucle car, and in it for the image not the drive, wow, you think you know it all dont you. you must be a ?????????
Old 04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

if you care about performance then why would you get the v6? makes no sense. get a taurus...
Old 04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Buy a Kia...

-Edit-

Or better yet, get a Suzuki

Quick Reply: Why is the V6 Bad?