Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What bolt on's do I have left?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Default What bolt on's do I have left?

Well, I feel like I'm getting to that point where I will finally be buying my supercharger. Before I do that in the summer, I was looking to squeeze the last few hp out of what remaining bolt ons I have left.

Here's what I have power/speed wise:

shorty headers
catted-x pipe
axleback
cai
udp
4.10's
short shifter
diablo tuner

here's whats next in line:

aluminum driveshaft
CMDP's
torque damper
aluminum flywheel (no debating this mod please)

The only things I'm not considering are long tubes, electric water pump, stroking or porting anything. What else can you think of to do?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What bolt on's do I have left?

Supercharger
Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

agreed...
Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

I want to have more n/a performance before that jump.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:12 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

um, you know that your UDPs will have to come off right? Also, 4.10s is prolly too short for FI; maybe swap for 3.73s or taller.

Also, that 1-pc driveshaft will require an adj rear UCA if you don't already have one. How is your trans holding up to power/speed shifting? Consider prothane engine mounts and/or CHE kmember brace w/torque limiters if you're getting any binding.

Any wheel hop with your current setup? Beefier rear control arms would be a good idea, esp. considering the future supercharger.

Sorry if I stated the obvious, just tryin to help.

Also: forged internals. And why not long tubes (emissions in your state I'm guessing) or an electric water pump?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:18 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

When you do the aluminum flywheel, why not just put in a newer clutch while you have everything dropped and accessable? Since your wanting do go N/A before the supercharger then I'd seriously consider a stroker kit because I got a HO Whipple and have about 450 rwhp and I want more lol so now I have to wait till I can afford the stroker kit for the internals, so I'd go ahead and get everything strengthened up if you can now. What about cams?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:22 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

um, you know that your UDPs will have to come off right? Also, 4.10s is prolly too short for FI; maybe swap for 3.73s or taller.

Also, that 1-pc driveshaft will require an adj rear UCA if you don't already have one. How is your trans holding up to power/speed shifting? Consider prothane engine mounts and/or CHE kmember brace w/torque limiters if you're getting any binding.

Any wheel hop with your current setup? Beefier rear control arms would be a good idea, esp. considering the future supercharger.

Sorry if I stated the obvious, just tryin to help.

Also: forged internals. And why not long tubes (emissions in your state I'm guessing) or an electric water pump?
No worries, I'm pretty sure you're not out trying to offend me

UDP's were one of my first mods and yes I know I need to put the stock one back on, not a big deal really. A friend of mine has 4.10's on his mustang with his SC and I drove his car, the gearing is fine by me. I didn't list my suspension mods for time sake but yes I already have the adj UCA installed. I haven't had any problem with my car powershifting or shifting hard during spirited driving and the 1/4. I'm going to put on new engine mounts when I have the sc installed. As for LCA's, I already have a pair with relocation brackets.

I'm going against long tubes since I already invested in the shorty headers and catted x, I just feel that the extra 5-7 hp with the long tubes really won't be worth the roughly 400 for install. I went through it once and never again

I had a thread a little while ago outlining my plan for the car. The sc I'm going with is only temp, I'm planning on building the engine and installing a larger turbo setup within a year or so after the sc. Only thing stopping me now is that the mustang is curently my daily and I don't have he space for another car.

I have read alot of negative things about the electric water pump so I'll be staying away from that mod. It seems to be better for non-street cars.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a pretty sick setup
Old 03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ryanralston07

When you do the aluminum flywheel, why not just put in a newer clutch while you have everything dropped and accessable? Since your wanting do go N/A before the supercharger then I'd seriously consider a stroker kit because I got a HO Whipple and have about 450 rwhp and I want more lol so now I have to wait till I can afford the stroker kit for the internals, so I'd go ahead and get everything strengthened up if you can now. What about cams?
I might go with a new clutch as well. I was opting against a stroker kit, if I choose to do it it would be when I build my engine. As for cams, they're already a part of my plan.