Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better mod MGW shifter or CHE K-Mem w/ Torque

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Better mod MGW shifter or CHE K-Mem w/ Torque

ORIGINAL: howarmat

getting the torq limiters and brace is actually a better solution to the problem....after that any shifter will be great!
Mr. Mat is right and that is what I did.
I have the K-Member with TL and it tightens up the shifting and reduces missed shifts by 90%.
No only that the drive train feels tighter and stronger and itfeels like more power is getting to the road.
I will go with some sort of short throw later after more important mods are done, but I just can't see the MGW being worth $300.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:34 PM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

I just threw my torque limiters back on, and oh my god. Combined with the MGW, it's the smoothest shifting EVER. I feel like I'm throwing down way more power too.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Jaysfreaky, did you use the other set of holes in your brace?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

The MGW is leaps and bounds better than anything else out there, IMO.

I just ordered the CHE K Member Brace with Torque Limiters for $165 from LethalPerformance.com. I can't wait to get it installed ... No more missed shifts. LOL
Big +1
Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+2 and the MGW is over priced. Get a Hurst.
ORIGINAL: pascal

ORIGINAL: howarmat

getting the torq limiters and brace is actually a better solution to the problem....after that any shifter will be great!
Yes, in that order.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Those that have installed the torque limiters (I plan on doing this tomorrow or Tuesday), do you feel the car rock more when you rev it up? Like when you install motor mounts?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Anyone who says the MGW is over priced, probably has never seen the kit or driven a vehicle with the shifter. I can promise you that the quality is top notch and second to none. The kit is package better than anything I've ever seen. It comes with directions, DVD directions, three layers of sound/heat insulation, I could go on and on about how this kit is better than the rest. Not to mention it's not notchy like the Hurst. If you want it to be notchy than DON'T get the MGW. The MGW has a solid, smooth, firm feel to it.

Just wanted to add that Lethal Performance advertises the parts "in stock" but doesn't have them in stock. The parts are drop shipped from CHE. I thought I'd go with a company in state, paying the sales tax none the less, so I could get them faster since Lethal is only a few hours away from me, WRONG. It's been five days and nothing yet. I haven't even got tracking information. [:'(]
Old 03-09-2008, 09:44 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

Just got bored and ordered the brace so I can see if it makes a difference...
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

Anyone who says the MGW is over priced, probably has never seen the kit or driven a vehicle with the shifter. I can promise you that the quality is top notch and second to none. The kit is package better than anything I've ever seen. It comes with directions, DVD directions, three layers of sound/heat insulation, I could go on and on about how this kit is better than the rest. Not to mention it's not notchy like the Hurst. If you want it to be notchy than DON'T get the MGW. The MGW has a solid, smooth, firm feel to it.

Just wanted to add that Lethal Performance advertises the parts "in stock" but doesn't have them in stock. The parts are drop shipped from CHE. I thought I'd go with a company in state, paying the sales tax none the less, so I could get them faster since Lethal is only a few hours away from me, WRONG. It's been five days and nothing yet. I haven't even got tracking information. [:'(]
That sucks. It only took me about a week or so to get mine directly from CHE, and that was with one of them being custom painted.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 PM
surf808
2nd Gear Member

Alright I think I'm going to go with the K-Member. Then down the line the MGW when there is a price drop.

Quick Reply: Better mod MGW shifter or CHE K-Mem w/ Torque