Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tree 1, Mustang 0 UPDATE WITH PIC

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:30 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default Tree 1, Mustang 0 UPDATE WITH PIC

Last night the unspeakble happened, i lost cotrol of my mustang in the rainand it hit a tree. This is the first accident i've ever been in, luckily it was only me involved and I got away with a bruised elbow and bruised foot.

I had the car towed to my prefered body shop and have gotten the ball rolling on the insurance claim. Im curious to those that have been in accidents in their stangs as to how much the insurance will allow to replace certain parts, ie hoods and front and rear bumbers. OEM parts are always over priced from the dealer so im curious as to if insurance companies allows for this.If so i might as well go for some after market parts like a cervinis hood instead. Anyone have insight on this or am I just looking too hard for a silver lining to this dark cloud?

Here is a quick shot of the damage. The insurance adjuster should be out to see the car today or tomorrow.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 AM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tree 1, Mustang 0

Is the tree ok?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:33 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dferkler

Is the tree ok?

It was kind of dark, i didnt get a good luck at the tree, ill make sure to stop by today and check on it, and let you know.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The tree might sue...

Wait until you hear from your insurance company. You may be worrying for nothing. You didn't mention to what extent the damage was.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:39 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

The tree might sue...

Wait until you hear from your insurance company. You may be worrying for nothing. You didn't mention to what extent the damage was.
It will need new front bumper, new hood, new front quarter panel. The front drivers side wheel was smashed in to the point that it is turned the opposite way it should have been so it's gonna need some new structural parts in that area too
Old 03-08-2008, 09:39 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the wreck, as long as you're alive to rebuild, it's all OK. I would get the insurance money first and if you want OEM cosmetic parts, get themn from www.newtakeoff.com and save a bunch.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 AM
bmk
2nd Gear Member

pics of damage? and at what speed did you hit the tree?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 AM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

you should get clear lenses for the front turn signals and rear markers. They would look great on your car (after it is fixed).

Old 03-08-2008, 09:58 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

I WANNA SEE PICS!!!!!!!!@
Old 03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
T
1st Gear Member

stupid tree should have moved!

honestly, insurance, deductable aside, usually covers it all. if it totals it out, that will suck but shouldn't be any worse than if you were to go trade your car in. They usually give you a decent value. Unless you have it insured with custom work though, there's not much hope for your Eibach and BMR suspension if it's damaged. I'd make sure hey know you have that though, it can't do any good riding 1-1.5 inches lower on every other wheel on the car =D I'm sure you'll be ok man, people go through this stuff every day, just be glad you are ok. 1 month down the road you'll be back in business.

Quick Reply: Tree 1, Mustang 0 UPDATE WITH PIC