Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with V6 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats with V6 Owners

just a thought. if they didnt sell the 6 they might not sell many more gts hate to see the mustang go the way of the t bird do to lack of sales
your welcome
Old 04-07-2005, 01:14 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

Shifty....you missed a gear bro...that's not even close to what I said.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:23 AM
Perilous
1st Gear Member

The difference should be between a small block and a big block not this stupid european v6 nonsense. How can you say the mustang is defined by the v6? The reason Ford sells so many 6 cyls is because america has gone soft. Generation x sucks.
Yeah, I'm sure it was all those "soft" gen X'ers that were buying the 6 cyl back in '64 when it came out, even though they weren't even born yet.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Perilous
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty

ORIGINAL: Perilous

I've always pitied those who need things like bigger engine to boost their self-esteem.
I've always pitied the people who don't drive a real american car. Also the people that think the weight loss from a v6 will make up for the loss of power.
I'm not one of those people, so so much for that gem of wisdom.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Assassins
1st Gear Member

I have no problem with the V6, it is just you driving a v6 Mustang and you think your all that and fast. And just because you carry the Mustang name you think you can smoke others, this is what I dont like about the V6 drivers.

ORIGINAL: Lizardking

Yeah, Someday you GT guys will understand its not all about the car.

Some guys own V6's because its all they can afford, nothing wrong with that.

Some guys own V6's because its what thier parents bought them, nothing wrong with that.

Some guys own V6's because they are young and insurance kills them, nothing wrong with that.

Some guys own V6's because they weren't one of the lucky few to get a GT, nothing wrong with that.

I own a V6 because it's what I wanted. I understand. I understand that life is a happy medium, I make a certain amount of money, I budget what I make. I save more a month for retirement than most people save in a whole year. I choose to drive a $22,000 car even though I could afford a $40,000 car.

No matter how much you spend or how fast you can go, there is always someone else who spent more and can go faster. Im sure somewhere on the Vette boards they are roasting some poor Mustang GT A-hole and his pissy 300hp.

Its all about choices, I'm telling you why I made my choice. I'm also probley quite a bit older than most of you on here. Hell, if I had 5 cents back for every dollar I've ever spent on cars, booze, and trying to get laid, I could retire now.

Someday you will understand.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

So, the small ***** thing is back again?

Here is the real truth~ The GT is hard to get. Not enough out there, everyone has to order them and suffer the wait and lately not even know if they are going to get what they ordered. On the lot a V8 lasts 3 days at the most around here, not even that in most cases. The V6 is a dime a dozen. Just look at the inventory lists at most dealers. The place I ordered My GT from still has the two V6's that they have had for the last 6 months. They are everywhere.

It's more about wanting power. Wanting to be able to scream down the road. Knowing you have the ***** to back up the look. That's the feel the GT owners want. The V6 has the look but can't back up the power. So whatever, to each his own.

The GT owner wants not only the look, but the engine to back it up.

The V6 is nice, for what it is but I test drove one and knew that everyday I drove it I would be wishing I had the GT. There is nothing more satisfying that the power of a strong V8 in a small car.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Gizzmo0411

Hi all,

I've been watching this forum for some time, though this is my first post.

I myself own a V6. I'm a 23yr old male and have been driving in the Mustang since I was 5. My father was an enthusiast who owned or drove just about every iteration of the car from the 60's up. While I may not be as old as some here, I DO appreciate the Mustang for what it is. The GT, is a sexy car, powerful, fast...etc...etc. But I don't understand the animosity that some (not all) of the V8 owners have towards those of us who opted for the more practical, less fun, less powerful (insert additional labels here) model. While I won't tell you what I make, you'll just have to trust that I have the money for the GT. It was a consideration, but in my mind, I would never use the power and speed that it affords me. The majority of us here are not racecar drivers, and we have no need for the speed and power that the GT affords us on the public roads. Because of this, you can't deny that the GT is nothing more than a status symbol...a way for those who are more willing to spend their money to show it off. And that's cool! Congratulations, you are now a proud owner of a nice car.

I, however, do not see the need to be able to do 0-60 in less than 12s out of a red light, inevitably there is another red light just down the road. And because of this, I find no need to pay the $100 more on the insurance for something that I will not use. Or the extra gas money, etc...etc...GT owners who choose to do so. Good job, you're now earning a stable living and can afford excesses. Some of us however choose not to, or simply can't. And as far as I'm concerned, the mustang has always been partially about the looks, so if I can have the looks, at a more affordable price, then I choose the V6 thank you very much. So while you put your money into your car, I put my money elsewhere, nice furniture, nicer apartment, a yearly trip to Hawaii, whatever...but please don't feel the need to insult those of us who own the V8's younger brother. For without the V6 you'll be reminded, the mustang would have no legacy at all. Please check your ego at the door...bragging is bragging, but so much of what I see here is downright insulting, never warranted in my opinion.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:14 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

so let me get this right. my v6 is a POS. ok hum wel i like it. it goes plenty fast for a city car driven buy a responsable adult not wanting to end up killing someone or mabey driving into a stop sign like some gt owner i read about earlier. if i nail it at the light it takes off plenty hard. yep have plenty of money for extra mods. installing lowering kit next week. my sons and i have enjoyed doing stuff to it. at first my 17 year old wanted me to get the gt but he is fine with my v6. funny thing i look at alot of the posts and most of you guys dont even put your age of names in your profiles. maybe your all 5 year olds taking pic out of mags and posting them as yours? i now my three year old is pretty good on the computer i should check to see if he is posting any of these.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Blah Blah Blah... Whatever... This makes me sick...

There are two types of owners/drivers;

Pureists & Posers

Which are you? (open question)

The car does NOT define the driver... The driver defines the driver... It don't matter what you own, it only matters what your ARE!

(If your into ***** compensation, and you buy a Mustang your an idiot! Vette owners have tiny *****'s... scientific fact LOL)
Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Whitey_McNasty

Blah Blah Blah... Whatever... This makes me sick...

There are two types of owners/drivers;

Pureists & Posers

Which are you? (open question)

The car does NOT define the driver... The driver defines the driver... It don't matter what you own, it only matters what your ARE!

(If your into ***** compensation, and you buy a Mustang your an idiot! Vette owners have tiny *****'s... scientific fact LOL)
Come on now!!! I'm getting a vette in 3 wks..

Quick Reply: Whats with V6 Owners