MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Will this be bad IF.... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/418429-will-this-be-bad-if.html)

VerginaStang 03-12-2008 11:05 AM

Will this be bad IF....

.... I have Steeda Springs (about 1" drop), and Tokico D-specs installed, and DO NOT install an Adjustable Panhard Bar/Brace, and Camber adjustments at the same time? I would be running the car like that for about a month or so, until I get some funds to install the rest. I do not want to wait to install the springs & dampers for personal reasons lol :)

DarkFireGT 03-12-2008 11:42 AM

RE: Will this be bad IF....

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

.... I have Steeda Springs (about 1" drop), and Tokico D-specs installed, and DO NOT install an Adjustable Panhard Bar/Brace, and Camber adjustments at the same time? I would be running the car like that for about a month or so, until I get some funds to install the rest. I do not want to wait to install the springs & dampers for personal reasons lol :)
No, you won't hurt anything. I wouldn't bother with the camber bolts. I just dropped mine with the Eibach Pro Kit and the camber bolts were not necessary at all. My camber was within spec. My toe was out a bit, but that was it. You can get by without the adjustable panhard bar for a while, but when you get the money, you'll want to measure your rear center and see if it's off. It probably will be a bit.

gatkins94 03-12-2008 11:43 AM

Kinda depends on how much you're going to drive the car in that month. You probably won't notice much difference in the driving, it MAY pull to one side, but the biggest issue will be the amount of tire wear you'll incur in that month. When tires start to show wear from mis-alignment, it's AMAZING how much damage that can cause in a short amount of time!

157dB 03-12-2008 11:44 AM

De Ja Vue
Search function.
La La La...
Ahh, here it is....

https://mustangforums.com/m_4742968/tm.htm

Its OK to drive but the toe will be
crazy out.

Or forgo all the front end alignment and geometery
problems with Dropped Spindles. :D

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/32CB1C68DA8C4E17919AD23412B50C07.jpg[/IMG]

Argonaut 03-12-2008 12:00 PM

I installed Eibach-Pro, D-Specs and J&M Camber plates about 2500 miles ago. Have not had it aligned. I set the camber plates to the most positive camber position they would go (strut top nuts towards the outside of car). No adjustable PHB yet. My drop is ~1.4"

Last weekend I pulled the wheels off (putting my summer wheels on) and observed the fronts were very slightly scrubbed on the outside.At first thiswas unexpected, I thought they might be scrubbed on the inside. But in retrospect its probably because I have the camber plates set to the positive camber side or it could also be due to agressive driving...so nothing definitive.

But my point is: 2500 miles with really very minimal wear.With lots of miles you *may* start scrubbing the inside of your fronts. Just drive and check them every 500 miles or so. Other than that you won't have problems. Your rear end may be slightly off center but, unless you have really wide rear tires, its hard to even notice and won't cause you any problems.

thewarmachine 03-12-2008 12:43 PM

You could drive the car forever without any other suspension parts and you'd be just fine. A 1" drop doesn't affect things much at all....except looks :D

DeStonn 03-12-2008 12:47 PM

You will be fine...I have the Eibach sport kit and no camber plates. I did have the adjustable PH installed but didn't need toadjust itat all.

SonicBlue05GT 03-12-2008 12:49 PM

i dropped my t/a about 1.25" and lost all traction[&:]

cookiemonster 03-12-2008 12:50 PM

A 1" drop doesn't affect things much at all....except looks
any more than that and you'll start looking ghetto [sm=bling.gif]

PiggySmallz 03-12-2008 01:12 PM

vin, the one inch drop isn't that agressive. I would get the adj. panhard rod to be safe but it wont be too far off.