Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THIS is your fix Ford? Really? *final update*

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 PM
8URGTO
1st Gear Member

Default RE: THIS is your fix Ford? Really?

good gosh!!!! WTF!!! That really doesn't surprise me.. Maybe a different wing?? I'm sorry man. I don't think that Ford will do anything about it though.. just from my past experience with similar issues... the whole brake booster/fluid leak that blistered the paint on the wheel well.. yeah, real shawty work there.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 PM
8URGTO
1st Gear Member

Jeezzz, that's uuuhhhh... really good to know man. I really like the part where you said "The hourly guy, being dumb ( That's why he gets paid by the hour and not the job)". What's funny about that quote is, during the really slow months, he is probably getting paid more than the techs per week... he, he, he... I use to be a line tech at Ford... I saw it happen too many times.

ORIGINAL: Favre4TD

Coming from the dealership side ( im a sales manager) I can tell you why that happened.

No way a journeyman tech would get that job, it would be given to a hourly paid oil change type guy. More than likely the service advisor gave him the job and the tsb fix, saying smething like " here, you have to use this tape under the lip of the spoiler so it doesnt rub" The hourly guy , being dumb ( thats why he gets paid by the hour not the job) slaps some tape and thinks " there ,, it wont rub now" I would not blame the store or the manufacturer for this dude being a tard. Crappy as it is the cheap guys get the piddly jobs.

Here is an example. My first oilchange I got done at my store (import store) when Im done my shift I walk out to my car to find about 5 greasy hand prints on the hood and a giant glob of motor oil dripping off the bumper. I talk to the shop foreman, heshakes his head,, says sorry and talks with the lube guy. 2ndoilchange I took to one of our Ford stores, everything was good. So yesterday I give my store another chance. Different guy does my oilchange, cept when he is done he pulls it up to the curb in customer parking till the front tires touch the curb. This would be fine cept I intstalled a new chin spoiler 2 days before and it was aprrox 1/1000th of an inch from rubbing the curb. I swear that if the guywho parked it there weighed 1 pound more my spoiler would be sawdust. Oh and there was a glob of motor oil on my drivers door handle. The problem is that the cheap guys get the cheap jobs. We have 3 great techs but no way they are getting pulled off a 6 hour motor job to change my oil,,,, or fix your spoiler sorry to say.

Sorealisticly the store didnt screw you over on purpose and a single phone call the the service manager or in your case the owner should get you a better result. The problem isonly that good people dont come cheap and most cheap people dont come good.

In my case,, from now on,,, if its easy enough a job for me to do it ,, I will.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:45 AM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Final update. After a week and many new ulcers on my part (feels like it at least) I have my car back. I took it in on Tues. morning 9 amand they gave me a lovely Taur-a-saurus to drive. They told me it would be a 1/2 day job. I got my car back yesterday at 5:30 pm. 2 full work days later. It was still covered in dust from the body shop and under that it was just plain dirty because I'd driven in the rain to take it in so I couldn't evaluate the finished product until I washed it. Which I did immediately after I got home.

It SUCKED. The chip was gone, yes, but in it's place was a completely foggy clearcoat that covered my entire decklid under the spoiler. I couldn't even begin to tell if the paint was a good match because I couldn't see through the fog well enough. They also got clearcoat and a bit of paint sprayed on my trunk emblem on the chrome part. I was sick.

I talked to the dealer owner this morning at great length about my whole ordeal starting last week. He was nice, agreed with me about the rude service manager and that stupid phone in his ear. He was surprised to hear that the paint job was bad...he stated normally they get raves on their paint jobs because although it's the body shop attached to this dealership, it's not owned by them it's a 'regular' body shop that has done hot rods that have been featured in Hot Rod Magazine.

I swore last night that it would be a cold day in hell before I let them touch my car again but I agreed to bring the car back this morning and let the body shop manager look at it. I did and he looked at it and stated it was easily remedied with more polishing. I freely admit I don't know anything about body work, just know when it looks bad so I was expecting it to have to be totally repainted and I agreed to let them polish it more to see if the cloudiness cleared up. I also pointed out the paint and clearcoat on my emblem cap. It took about 15 mins and I had it back. Cloudiness gone. Paint on emblem gone.

Wanna know the irony of this whole ordeal? Even though they swear to me there is 5/8" foam tape up underneath the spoiler now as was recommended by the original TSB my spoiler STILL bumps my decklid in the exact same spot where the paint chip was. If the tape is there it's farup enough underneath that it's not doing what its supposed to...keep thespoiler from contacting the decklid. No way do they get another shot at it. I'm buying it myself and tucking some up underneath there.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 AM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

I am sorry to hear about your experience. This weekend I am taking off my spoiler and putting some tape in place so that it stops rubbing. I have 8k miles and I can see it is starting to rub away, but not gone yet. I will just put the tape there to stop it and forget about it.

I understand your ulcers I get so angry every time they have my car and **** up, it is amazing to me sometimes that Ford is still in business.