Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

selling 05 mustang convt

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:22 AM
justinluv949

Default selling 05 mustang convt

selling mustang premium gt convertible 5 speed manuel, with crimson red leather. vin # 1ZVHT85H755173478. serious people only please, email me at justinluv949@yahoo.com
Old 04-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: selling 05 mustang convt

I will give you $1,500 cash right now...
Old 04-08-2005, 01:37 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

I will give you 1,501(in singles of coarse) AND a Jaw Breaker........HA beat that!
N2F
Old 04-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: New2Ford

I will give you 1,501(in singles of coarse) AND a Jaw Breaker........HA beat that!
N2F
I'll see that and raise you $20 and a wad of pocket lint..
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

DAMN YOU!!!! I wish I had a wad of pocket lint! GOSH!
N2F
Old 04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Justin...

How about telling us ALL the information..

so far.. we know it is "g premium gt convertible 5 speed manuel, with crimson red leather"

With that much information we could assume your selling it because the red interior really looks bad agains the lime green exterior!

Did you order it with the Shaker 1000 and now you discover you can't put anything larger then a 6 pack in the trunk because the tops box and sub woofer ate up all the space?

Did you discover you can't find a black car with black interior and black wheels when parked in an unlit parking lot?

Of course.. I'm just kidding.. but it would be nice if you posted just a little bit more information about the car and it's options.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Professor Wizard = Fun Spoiler

We were hoping he would figure it out on his own...
Old 04-08-2005, 11:48 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

[sm=nothatway.gif]
Old 04-08-2005, 12:11 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Justin...

How about telling us ALL the information..

so far.. we know it is "g premium gt convertible 5 speed manuel, with crimson red leather"

With that much information we could assume your selling it because the red interior really looks bad agains the lime green exterior!

Did you order it with the Shaker 1000 and now you discover you can't put anything larger then a 6 pack in the trunk because the tops box and sub woofer ate up all the space?

Did you discover you can't find a black car with black interior and black wheels when parked in an unlit parking lot?

Of course.. I'm just kidding.. but it would be nice if you posted just a little bit more information about the car and it's options.
Ya know PW....I've seen that pic of your Torino several times. I had a Torino (no side pipes...different grill). It was a '70 model with a fastback and a 302 in it. It was a putrid butterscotch number, but ran like a scalded dog. But, I don't even think it was called a "GT" as I owned it while in college (memory's fogged.....too many keggers) and it was well-used by the time it came into my possession. But, didn't all Torino's with the 302 considered GTs?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Graphicguy

Well… I am only familiar with the 68 and 69 Torinos as that was “my” platform… The 70+ ones were a very different platform.

But… In a sense you are correct… all Torinos with 302’ were considered or labeled GT... In fact... all Torinos with V8’s were considered GTs.

69 was the first year for the Torino Cobra GT Offering. Other limited editions such as the Talladegas was also offered, Ford also produced a sister car on the same platform - the Mercury Cyclone GT with similar configurations.

In 68 you could get a GT with a 289, 302, 390, and 428cj in different Carb combo’s.

In 69 you could get a GT with a 302, 351, 390 and Cobra GT with 428jc and 428cj or 428scj with Ram (shaker hood scoop).

Also late in 69 ford offered a “Super CJ” .. They were the same engine with different lower end parts.. The SCJ had the same HP rating but the “Effective HP” RPM Range covered a wider band.

Ford did NOT make a “Cobra GT” Torino in 68, even though you could order the car with a CJ engine.

In 69 you could get a Cobra GT Torino in Fast Back or 2 door Coup – with or without Ram Air.

Mine was a 69 Coup with Standard CJ (No Ram-air). I modified with a Muncie Quick Change Rear end and a Hurst Vertical Gate T-Ring Shifter. Hooker Header Side Pipes with Glass Pack inserts. Kept the Stock Cobra wheels without the chrome rings. (kept losing them anyway!) Later had a race care engine shop rebuild and pump my engine. Cost me $1200 ( in 1976). get me around 420 hp.

I am afraid to say I don’t know much about the 70’s Torinos because I never liked them very much. Drove a couple but they were heavier and bigger then my 69 and I didn’t like the handling or the interior design very much. I’m not disrespecting your car. Just saying why I don’t know much about it.

Even though Ford tried to make the Torino a Muscle car... The marked percieved it as a family car, and so Ford eventually turned ALL their attention to the Mustang for Muscle and our Torinos were forgotten and lost in the shuffle.

Quick Reply: selling 05 mustang convt