Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove my friends 08GT Stick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Drove my friends 08GT Stick!!!

manuel.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

I live in Queens NY, and got an auto bc the stang is my daily driver. Do I wish I had a manual? yes, but only when I go for sunday morning cruise's when there is no traffic. Other than that, it really isnt all that practical. With that said, if this was a weekend car- It would be a manual.

If yours is going to be a daily driver, get an Auto IMO; a 93 octane tune, and gears will wake the car up, and it will be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

mine's a 5 speed, but I've been in your traffic, your foot will get a real workout. i think it's .3 difference in the quarter
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 AM
ohskigod
2nd Gear Member

I got a stick, but mine is a weekend cruiser for the most part (take it to work during the week on occasion, but not into the city....EVER)

given your parameters, going with an Auto would be a solid move. I wouldnt know from experience, but I think Bama chips have wonderful tunes for autos....(or is it brenspeed, who knows)
Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 AM
JJSoCrazy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

Traffic here in new york is horrible...however if you want a stick get it. I went with an auto because my mom cosigned for me and it was the only way she would have it. Do I wish I had a manual? Yes, sometimes I do. It's still a fun car to drive regardless. Good luck either way. Where in NY are you from?
Yonkers
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 AM
JJSoCrazy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

I live in Queens NY, and got an auto bc the stang is my daily driver. Do I wish I had a manual? yes, but only when I go for sunday morning cruise's when there is no traffic. Other than that, it really isnt all that practical. With that said, if this was a weekend car- It would be a manual.

If yours is going to be a daily driver, get an Auto IMO; a 93 octane tune, and gears will wake the car up, and it will be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.
Thanks, it is going to be a more daily driven car so I am going to get Auto. I don't want to mess w/ tunes b/c of the sensors and computers in the car. Gears maybe. But Def a CAI.

Joe
Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Up In the Bronx I have to drive the traffic in the Cross Bronx. I can be stuck for hours it is HORRIBLE!!! Would I trade my stick for auto? NO WAY!!! It's all worth it when that traffic opens up.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:34 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

a lot of ignorace in this thread...............he just asked a simple question,"manual or auto" and someone bashed him,ridiculous!

i have never owned an automatic anything,so driving a stick is second nature..... i have an 03 cobra and a 00 corvette, both with manuals..plus, my 08 gt is manual.....clearly, this is just a choice, until ford develops a tranny like the new nissan powerhouse car!

have fun
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

manuel.

Manual. Manuel is a latino boy who carries water from the town well.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJSoCrazy

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

Thanks, it is going to be a more daily driven car so I am going to get Auto. I don't want to mess w/ tunes b/c of the sensors and computers in the car. Gears maybe. But Def a CAI.

Joe
If you're going to get a CAI then you're going to need a tune. Unless you get one fo the tuneless CAI's but then, what's the point of getting a CAI if you aren't going to take advantage of it?

Quick Reply: Drove my friends 08GT Stick!!!