Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching for the water leak today.....

Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Searching for the water leak today.....

i'm with ya beavis..... i'd rather tear the whole
car apart and have it out of service for a month,
then have the stealership work on it

Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: jmk3

I found & fixed mine a year ago& it never leaked again. after a very heavy rain my carpet was wet on the passenger side. I found water driping down from the a pillar area over the foam thing over the sjb. I pulled off the cowl cover below the windshield and happened to remove one of the cowl clips in the body (there are about 10 of them). The body below the cowl clips was filled to the edge with water, it was running around to the side & running down onto the sjb. There are cheesy foam gaskets that are supposed to seal the plastic clips in the body. I revoved all the clips & threw out the gaskets & put the clips back in with some sealer made for leaks in RV seams. Let them dry overnight & reinstalled the cowl and it never leaked again. There is a tsb on the leaking cowl clips. I have suspected that others including dealers have sealed the seam where the water was leaking down from theA pillar & it solved the problem but there is still water trapped in the body. A quick left & right turn would cause a sloshing sound from behind the dash.
May not be your problem but its easy to pull the passenger cowl & one of the clips & see if its wat inside, also there are a few drain holes under there that can become plugged with leaves & dirt. The driver side is tougher cause the wipers have to come off.
I found one of my cowl clips you talk about
down in the drivers side cowl drain. I saved
it and hoped it was an extra dropped during
assembly and all mine are installed.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Beavis

This thread has been dead for a little while and wanted to push it back to the top. Has anyone found the source of the leak other than what the TSB says. My car seems OK while sitting in the rain but I haven't driven in the rain while there were puddles on the road. The day I took delivery it rained for 3 days straight afterwards andit was raining like crazyfor the drive home. Thanks