Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fusion/Edge key for 07+ Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default Fusion/Edge key for 07+ Mustang

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=465221

Anybody know anything about this? Apparently it works on all 2007+ Mustangs. There are even a few people with Job 1 2007 Mustangs that have it working. I took a leap of faith and bought one for $50 off eBay just now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360035196624
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Fusion/Edge key for 07+ Mustang

That would be kinda cool. wonder why Ford doesnt make them that way to begin with for the stang though. Too bad it doesnt sound like they work on the 05-06's though.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedstang06

That would be kinda cool. wonder why Ford doesnt make them that way to begin with for the stang though. Too bad it doesnt sound like they work on the 05-06's though.
Unfortunately no, it doesn't work on 05-06. Ford must have changed something for the 07 model year. I remember reading a long time ago about people trying this and it not working. This is the first time I've seen the topic revived in a long time. I'm really hoping it'll work. I'll probably just and up carrying the single key and that's it. Still not as cool as my fiances key to her VW
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Yep. I've got one on the way for my '07 right now
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
gt7er
1st Gear Member

that looks awesome...so ebay has them? where else can i get one?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
justang07
2nd Gear Member

is the dealer the only place to have it cut?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:22 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justang07

is the dealer the only place to have it cut?
A few people in that thread mentioned that they got the keys cut at Home Depot and Ace Hardware. You shouldn't have to go to the stealership for anything, you can program them yourself. All you need to worry about is getting the key cut.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I just bought one from the same vendor on Ebay. I got the key in 3 days via USPS. I got it cut at Ford for $5. I figured if they messed it up, it'd be easy to get a new one. I'm pretty list on these keys is outrageous so it was cheap insurance to me. I've got a 2008 as well. Programming is easy. Programming the key fob can be found in your owners manual. I'll post up the directions to program the chip in the key in my next post.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

SECTION 419-01B: Anti-Theft โ€” Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS)

2008 Mustang Workshop Manual
Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys

NOTE: This procedure works only if 2 or more programmed ignition keys are available. If 2 programmed keys are not available, refer to Key Programming Using Diagnostic Equipment in this section.
NOTE: The SPAREKEY PID must be enabled for this procedure to operate. If this PID is not enabled, refer to Key Programming Switch State Control in this section, then select SPAREKEY programming switch ENABLED. The SPAREKEY PID is set to ENABLE when the vehicle is built.
NOTE: If the programming procedure is successful, the new key(s) will start the vehicle and the anti-theft indicator will prove-out for approximately 3 seconds. If the programming procedure is not successful and the new key(s) does not start the engine, leave the key in the ON position for at least 3 seconds, then turn the key off. Repeat the key programming procedure from Step 1. If the failure repeats, refer to Anti-Theft in the Diagnosis and Testing portion of this section to review the DTCs and carry out the appropriate pinpoint tests.
NOTE: A maximum of 8 passive anti-theft system (PATS) keys can be programmed into the PCM during this programming procedure, but only if the SPAREKEY PID is ENABLED.
NOTE: A minimum of 2 PATS keys must be programmed into the PCM before the vehicle will start.
NOTE: If the vehicle is in unlimited key mode, this spare key programming procedure still functions. Any 2 keys that can start the vehicle can be used to program an additional unlimited key.
NOTE: If additional keys are to be programmed, and the remaining keys are with the customer, or are not available, instruct the customer to refer to the Owner's Literature for instructions on programming the remaining keys. In either case, the SPAREKEY PID must be enabled.
NOTE: If the steps are not carried out as outlined, the programming procedure will end.
NOTE: Ignition keys must have a correct mechanical key cut for the vehicle and must be PATS encoded keys (contain a transponder).
NOTE: This procedure is not necessary if only the PATS transceiver was replaced. Replacement of the transceiver does not erase the PATS key codes in the PCM.

ยท Insert the 1st programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position (maintain the key in the ON position for a minimum of 3 seconds and less than 10 seconds). ยท Turn the key to the OFF position and remove the 1st key from the ignition lock cylinder. ยท Within 5 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert the 2nd programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position (maintain the key in the ON position for a minimum of 3 seconds and less than 10 seconds). ยท Turn the 2nd key to the OFF position and remove the key from the ignition lock cylinder. ยท Within 10 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert the unprogrammed key (the new key) into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position (maintain the key in the ON position for a minimum of 3 seconds and less than 10 seconds). ยท If it is desired to program additional key(s) (only up to 8 keys total can be programmed into the PCM), repeat Steps 1 - 5 for each additional key that needs to be programmed. ยท Start the vehicle with the new key(s).
Old 03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

ยท Insert the 1st programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position (maintain the key in the ON position for a minimum of 3 seconds and less than 10 seconds). ยท Turn the key to the OFF position and remove the 1st key from the ignition lock cylinder. ยท Within 5 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert the 2nd programmed key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position (maintain the key in the ON position for a minimum of 3 seconds and less than 10 seconds). ยท Turn the 2nd key to the OFF position and remove the key from the ignition lock cylinder. ยท Within 10 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert the unprogrammed key (the new key) into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position (maintain the key in the ON position for a minimum of 3 seconds and less than 10 seconds). ยท If it is desired to program additional key(s) (only up to 8 keys total can be programmed into the PCM), repeat Steps 1 - 5 for each additional key that needs to be programmed. ยท Start the vehicle with the new key(s).
Thanks, this will come in handy in a few days.

Quick Reply: Fusion/Edge key for 07+ Mustang