Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed limiter gets on my nervs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Speed limiter gets on my nervs

ORIGINAL: taskmaster

Johnboy7701 why ship back where you in Germany, be cause then you realy know the Autobahn another thing why dont any in the states drive to fast on the Highway, do you have big penalties or whats up.
Not only are the penalties very severe, but in the states, we generally are considerate of other drivers (at least enough not to pass them going 70mph faster than they are). Driving that fast is just not safe if everyone else is not. Too many hills and turns. Never know when you'll come over a hill or around a turn and there someone is, doing the speed limit, as they're supposed to be. Not enough time to slow down or safely change lanes.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

ORIGINAL: taskmaster

Johnboy7701 why ship back where you in Germany, be cause then you realy know the Autobahn another thing why dont any in the states drive to fast on the Highway, do you have big penalties or whats up.
Not only are the penalties very severe, but in the states, we generally are considerate of other drivers (at least enough not to pass them going 70mph faster than they are). Driving that fast is just not safe if everyone else is not. Too many hills and turns. Never know when you'll come over a hill or around a turn and there someone is, doing the speed limit, as they're supposed to be. Not enough time to slow down or safely change lanes.
i got a ticket for going 80 in a 65. cost me $225.

i couldn't imagine what it would be going 150 in a 65. federal pound me in the *** prison.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:44 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

In the midwest/southwest/mountain west there are 4 and 6 lane interstates that are straight and level for tens of miles at a time out in the middle of nowhere where you can drive for hours and see nobody. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be safe to check the top speed of a Mustang on these when the short course at the salt flats is only 2 1/4 miles. As long as your hood didn't fly off, of course...
Old 03-22-2008, 12:58 AM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

If you are going to be doing a lot of time over 240 KPH, I'd seriously consider a functional wing on the back. Kind of "rice," but at the speeds you are going, it makes sense!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 AM
socalsaleen

I learned the hard way not to speed in AZ on Interstate 40... anything over 85mph is a criminal ticket. The speedlimit is 75 so I figured around 90 was safe since generally in CA 15 over is acceptable. I'm sure the corvette didn't help me, but that cop whipped right through the dirt median and came after me. Normally I would have said damn that was cool seeing a car slide through the dirt with such precision...not that day.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: socalsaleen

I learned the hard way not to speed in AZ on Interstate 40... anything over 85mph is a criminal ticket. The speedlimit is 75 so I figured around 90 was safe since generally in CA 15 over is acceptable. I'm sure the corvette didn't help me, but that cop whipped right through the dirt median and came after me. Normally I would have said damn that was cool seeing a car slide through the dirt with such precision...not that day.
LOL.
Did he take you to jail on the spot?
These days it really just doesn't make sense to fly around like a madman.
If you wreck and hurt someone they want to charge you with vehicle assualt. [:@]
I remember the things I did when I was 20 in my 80 Z28, LOL ... can't do that anymore. [8D]
Old 03-22-2008, 02:30 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I dont think the OP needs a drivers license, especially if he drives in the States.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:52 AM
taskmaster
1st Gear Member

kenthicken what kind of wing are we talking about and where to get it.

It sounds as if you really can get jail time for speeding overthere also in Florida? I head that if you are speeding like maybe 40-50 mph to much the police are not alowed to follow you anymore be cause of safty.

what should be changed if im driving that speed, I mean the Mustang must be able to handle that, I thought about better breaks maybe and lowering the car with eibach pro
Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Man in florida i got a ticket at 4 am out in the keys heading home.. was going 57 in a 35 (MPH) and yea he doesn't pull the corvetey or the rx8 going 2 times faster but me -.- god i hated that

cop but yea took driving school and paided the 180- at least he didn't force me to a court apperance lol that woulda sucked