Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I really need help as soon as possible.....car trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help! I really need help as soon as possible.....car trouble.

while uploading the 93 race tune to the tuner, i did accidentally hit enter once while it was writing the tune. immediately it stopped writing and all of the tunes previously on the tuner itself were deleted. i then proceeded to re-upload the 93 race tune to the tuner anyway. i then proceeded to download the tune to the car. immediately it started shaking and running very rough (cel came on). i then flashed it back to stock (even though the cai was still on) in order to get it home (very slowly). i left it parked and waited until i received the backup tunes i had previously gotten from Justin at vmp (87 performance and 91 performance). i flashed it to the 91 performance tune due to the fact that i still had 93 octane gas in my tank, and it ran fine until it started struggling to start the nextevening (after my trip to san antonio from waco). i did not disconnect prematurely at any point, i am sure of it. there were a few times that i received an error message on my tuner while trying different tunes to see if it would work.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

it's evening now. Try disconnecting the battery and let it sit overnight. Then,reconnect in the morning and reflash but.........cross your fingers and spin around twice before turning the key.

I hope the best for you. Let us know how you make out
Old 03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

How would pressing enter cause all of the tunes on the tuner to go bye-bye?

And if that is possible, maybe pressing enter erased or changed part of the tune you WERE trying to upload, and afterwards when you did load it it wasn't a complete file (or a damaged one). This could have caused the damage.

I don't know much about tuning, maybe somebody could explain how pressing enter would erase the whole tuner. And if that is the case, maybe somebody can explain why oh WHY SCT would make the tuner work that way!