Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Kit Prices & Install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:58 AM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

Default HID Kit Prices & Install?

I'm looking to get the HID Kit very soon, and was reading about the kit @ StangMods.com

http://www.stangmods.com/2005-Mustan...it-p/00999.htm

From what I read ... and understand - is this just a "Plug-n-Play" type of installation?

I'm not good w/ wires at all (with the exception of car stereos) and didn't want to have to splice and re-route wires.

Also - is this the best deal currently available? I know about the Discount Code ... so I know the price will drop a little.

Finally - is the Dual Beam an absolute requirement - or will Single Beam be good enough.

-thanks-
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HID Kit Prices & Install?

I am looking into getting the same thing. I think....that the dual beams have high beams...and the single don't....but I could be wrong.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

i wouldn't get an HID kit that doesn't have projectors, or else the light will just glare out of the housing and blind everyone in front of you like you couldn't possibly imagine... not pretty.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I have the factory bulb covers and installed my HID kit I bought from Retrosolutions.com, which is one of the vendors on this site. The install was simple and painless. The dispersion of the light is perfect. I even had someone drive in front of me to make sure I wasn't blinding them as I was driving down the road. I have tinted headlights so this was a must have mod...overall A+ experience...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:26 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

I have the factory bulb covers and installed my HID kit I bought from Retrosolutions.com, which is one of the vendors on this site. The install was simple and painless. The dispersion of the light is perfect. I even had someone drive in front of me to make sure I wasn't blinding them as I was driving down the road. I have tinted headlights so this was a must have mod...overall A+ experience...
Do you have a picture of them with your lights on ?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I can...I have the 8k bulbs...I will try and do that tonight...
Old 03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

I highly recommend these eBay kits: http://stores.ebay.com/H-I-D-KIT-HOME

These Pilot kitscontain everything required for a plug and play installation and include a 1 year warranty on bulbs and ballasts.

H13 halogen high/HID lowkits for $79 + shipping.
H13 bi-xenon HID high/low kits for $109 + shipping.

Absolutely no affiliation here, just a very satisified customer. Jack sells high quality kits at great prices, ships very quicklyand his customer service is second to none.

Martin
Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I bought the 8k HIDS from stangmods.com I love mine! super easy to install & awsome light putout. Stangmods also back there whole kit up with a 3 year warrenty no questions asked. I suggest the HIDS from stangmods.com
Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

While the Stangmods kits are one of the more expensive ones out there I also feel that they are of the highest quality. They are a true plug and play kit with all necessary relays and connectors built right into the harness. They also give you choice of color and their customer service is amazing. My kit was part of a faulty batch they discovered and they sent me a new kit right away with no questions asked.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 AM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

I guess my question now is (as stupid as it may sound) ... if I go with the Single Beam HID's ... what happens when I try to turn on my high beams? Do they just not work? I figure w/ 8000K HID's ... I most likely wouldn't need the highs.

... and I'd like to save a little coin.

Quick Reply: HID Kit Prices & Install?