Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default RE: AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!

ORIGINAL: mdg

crazy glue his windshield wiper blades or 3M tape a ***** to his hood.

lol x2

thanks for all the condolences, gang
Old 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Hey Joo, when he said he didn't do it, did he look like this....
Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well, from the photo it just looks like paint got scraped off. Can't you just repaint it? Or is there an actual dent in your bumper? Just be glad he didn't take out your quarterpanel like someone did mine. That was some serious work and repainting.

I also am very upset to see so many misguided posts about getting "revenge" by committing crimes. These are the same people who cry when their own car gets keyed but then suggest you do the same! That eye for an eye type of mentality is for gang bangers and the blind! Plus is you commit a crime on the guy's car the police WILL come on the private property... to arrest YOU!

This is America and the way we get justice is you sue their *** in court!

Ask anyone who has been sued if they would rather have had their car vandalized and they say "Yes!"! The hassle of having to make a court appearance, being forced to pay a judgement or having a lein put on their property if they don't pay... not a fun time!

I am constantly amazed by guys saying "I'd kick his ***!" when the best form of revenge is done by serving the jerk a supoena. Keying a Range Rover will just get you into trouble but taking that jerk to small claims court will make him think about leaving a note next time.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I'm sure that a lot of these comments were made in jest.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

well, from the photo it just looks like paint got scraped off. Can't you just repaint it? Or is there an actual dent in your bumper? Just be glad he didn't take out your quarterpanel like someone did mine. That was some serious work and repainting.

I also am very upset to see so many misguided posts about getting "revenge" by committing crimes. These are the same people who cry when their own car gets keyed but then suggest you do the same! That eye for an eye type of mentality is for gang bangers and the blind! Plus is you commit a crime on the guy's car the police WILL come on the private property... to arrest YOU!

This is America and the way we get justice is you sue their *** in court!

Ask anyone who has been sued if they would rather have had their car vandalized and they say "Yes!"! The hassle of having to make a court appearance, being forced to pay a judgement or having a lein put on their property if they don't pay... not a fun time!

I am constantly amazed by guys saying "I'd kick his ***!" when the best form of revenge is done by serving the jerk a supoena. Keying a Range Rover will just get you into trouble but taking that jerk to small claims court will make him think about leaving a note next time.
I do agree with you......**** happens and accidents happen. It would be a whole different story if the guy just admitted his mistake and manned up to it......it was the cowardess of his actions that deserve revenge. If I hit my neighbors car the first thing I would do is go tell him. If this guy didn't want to be civil and honest about it then I would have no sympathy for his stuff.......you get what you put out I guess.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

no, theres not an actual dent in my bumper, and that $465 I got quoted was for a repaint and a coat of clear on the bumper it sounds a bit expensive to me, but the shop is pretty reputable, so I dunno

and I would love to take him to small claims court, problem is I'm in college, so I don't really have the money or time for that
Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

Banging his old lady isn't a crime is it?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:50 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

What would private property have to do with anything? Crimes happen on private property all the time? This sounds like a hit/run ......regardless of where it happened.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Brake fluid filled inwater balloon+drive-by=
Old 03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Last time someone messed with me in an apartment, the day I moved out..... Well, nevermind. You get the picture. So did their car.

Also, a few weeks ago someone parked in my spot so they could eat at a next-door restaurant. Their front right tire pressure suffered the consequences.

Edit: For legality reasons, let me point out I was just kidding. I "swear".

Quick Reply: AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!