Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!

some jack@$$ in a range rover decided he was in too much of a hurry to take his time parking, and this is what happened to my baby while she was sleeping

so he won't admit it was him, even though he had a large white streak of paint on his bumper at the same height as my scratch (he has wiped it off). he claims he never drives the car, even though I see it move every day. in short he won't pay

anyway, I took it to a bodyshop and got quoted for $465. I'm not gonna put it on insuracnce, because my deductible is $400 and I don't think it's worth my rates going up

so does anyone know the price of a painted GT/CS bumper, because I think it might be cheaper if I just buy a new one and install it
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: AAARRGH! Prices on GT/CS rear bumper?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking there aren't too many people that take off their GT/CS bumpers and replace them with body kits.. Could be, but I suspect not. In which case, you'd need to get one from the dealer, and then add ~$350 to have it painted (typical price to shoot a panel).

Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
smh
1st Gear Member

Default RE: AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!

My cousin has a dealership and collision center he said; $499.99 from Ford MSRP, $392.87 Ford Dealer Pricing, & $549.99 from a supplier he uses at the collision center. Hope that helps...Sucks to hear that, I hate people that do that kind of sh**.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Call the Police, they will match up the damage based on location of the scratches. If they show that his marks match up to yours, and you say you witnessed it, they will fine him for a hit and run, and therefore he will have to use his insurance. Give the police all of the info on his range rover. What year, color, license plate #. Do not wait though. Good luck, sorry about the damage.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: Grabber

Call the Police, they will match up the damage based on location of the scratches. If they show that his marks match up to yours, and you say you witnessed it, they will fine him for a hit and run, and therefore he will have to use his insurance. Give the police all of the info on his range rover. What year, color, license plate #. Do not wait though. Good luck, sorry about the damage.

I did that as soon as I found out. Problem was, it happened while I was sleeping, and when I called the police, they said they can't do anything about it because its on private property [:@]
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

damn, $700 doesn't really look good
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Trilflow

Ouch! Makes you not want to even drive it
Old 03-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

id beat his old fcucking ***...never really understood how someone could flat out deny something like that...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
ohskigod
2nd Gear Member

I would never advocate keying a car, since I follow a strict "dont f*** with another man's vehicle" law. but if there was EVER an exception..................
Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Dumb. Beat his *** and go to jail for assault? Maybe lose a job over it?

Better to just kick his goddamn quarter panel in while he's asleep. Then deny responsibility. You know.. One good turn deserves another.

Quick Reply: AAARRGH! NOT THE BUMPER!!!