Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Mats

Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Floor Mats

I still cant believe they wouldnt include rear mats. Even the front mats that they gave me didnt even cover the whole entire foot area. I guess I need to order new ones, but I like the stock ones because it says mustang in some type of plastic/aluminum plate.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:40 PM
1367mustang
1st Gear Member

LMAO

My 3 year old grandson can say Grabber Orange Mustang Poppy. Now I have to put 2 car seats in the rear. Crank the stereo to the 60's music and cruise.

Oh well, and it started out as a couples retired car !!!! Still love the kids.

Regards

Old Senior
Old 03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1367mustang

LMAO

My 3 year old grandson can say Grabber Orange Mustang Poppy. Now I have to put 2 car seats in the rear. Crank the stereo to the 60's music and cruise.

Regards

Old Senior
Funny how things wrap-around huh? Soon you'll betradingthe Stang in for a minivan!

Enjoy!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Although the rear floormats are not a big issue, it's the principle for me. For the money we spend on these cars, they could at least throw it in. They gave me a fake gascap that serves no pratical purpose, but forgot the rear floormats. WTF?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Rear floor mats definitely not included but when I asked my salesperson about them (because I have kids, though NO MUDDY FEET allowed) he ordered me a set of the all-weather ones and included them free of charge. I don't use the front set that came with the rear ones yet but as my carpet front ones slowly get trashed I may switch over to the all weather front ones I have gathering dust in my garage.

It was just stupid that Ford didn't include those with the car. DUH! If there's a spot for an *** there should be carpetprotection for the feet no matter what vehicle it is.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM
1367mustang
1st Gear Member

NO MINI VAN for the Grandparents..... The grandchildrenride or stay home till they mature. I bought the car as a summer rider. JUST the wife and I. He fell in love with it !!!!

Damn !!!!!!

Brian
Old 03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ckone0814

ORIGINAL: 1367mustang

LMAO

Regards

Old Senior
Funny how things wrap-around huh? Soon you'll betradingthe Stang in for a minivan!

Enjoy!!!
Just wanted to make sure you knew I was kidding...
Old 03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

For that matter, a loaded $30K GT should come with some BADASS quality Floormats like the aftermarket ones you get. But alas, no, its more like the walmart special 4th quality yarn barely sewn together with 7th quality string. I think you'll find higher quality kite string. Of the 2 S197s ive owned. the stock floormats wear pretty quickly. I almost want to rip out the carpet and have the interior floor Rhino-Lined. Just for the sake of WEAR.

IMO the only reason to install an aftermarket dead pedal is to keep the carpet from wearing down as your foot is over on the left. Which is the main reason for a dead pedal in the first place. But alas, Ford decided to skimp on these pieces. So you're going to spend about $200 putting GOOD pieces in to make sure you don't wear out your carpet. [:@]

But, back on topic of the rear seat floor mats... I guess putting some in would really depend on your level of traffic back there.

ORIGINAL: mdg

Although the rear floormats are not a big issue, it's the principle for me. For the money we spend on these cars, they could at least throw it in. They gave me a fake gascap that serves no pratical purpose, but forgot the rear floormats. WTF?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
1367mustang
1st Gear Member

LOL

My stang goes into storage in the fall and not out yet. The 4 season is the Intrepid. Still snow here so waiting for a few weeks..

Brian
Old 03-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Fully loaded 07 GT, no rear carpets

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Floor Mats