Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SeaFoam treatment

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
jerrym
1st Gear Member

Default SeaFoam treatment

Today my son-in-law told me about a product (new to me) called SeaFoam treatment (l always used chemtool B-12) to add to the gas, crankcase, etc. Anybody ever use it? Comments,opinions.....
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: SeaFoam treatment

use it on my truck, it does a good job, i havent used it on the car but will just before i change my plugs out i think. Its a good product from everything i have seen
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

it's a scam just like chemtool b-12, our cars won't work with that, they are designed to drive fine on their own.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Lots of folks have used Seafoam. I wouldn't call it a "scam". I have not used in the Mustang because its new but I've used it in my 100K mile Suburban. The fuel injectors in that engine are notorious for getting dirty and clogged up. Seafoam cleans it out.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:32 PM
RoushGT05
1st Gear Member

Ive heard of alot of ppl using seafoam with great results. It cleans out all the deposits and what not from your car.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:34 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have used it in my car...it works pretty good but i recommend lucas...just my .02
Old 03-26-2008, 05:05 PM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Good God it's not a friggin scam. Not sure what "won't work with that" is supposed to mean. I use it prior to every oil change in my 05GT and my 01 Escape (with 120K on the clock). My 05GT runs great and I've been using it for well over a year. The Escape greatly benefitted the first time it was used, so I use it now as preventive maintenance (keeping the tops of the pistons & valves clear of build up).
Old 03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I just bought a bottle the other day to try in my SUV. I've heard good things about it, especially from people that have used it on their outboard engines. I'm not sure I'd use it in the Stang until I heard more input.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
ab
2nd Gear Member

I used it my 85 Shelby Charger last summer after it sat on blocks for 12 years. Put fresh gas, plugs and oil and went and got an inspection stcker. The car ran strong til fuel pump crapped out. So I went and bought my 07 GT vert.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MTAS

Good God it's not a friggin scam. Not sure what "won't work with that" is supposed to mean. I use it prior to every oil change in my 05GT and my 01 Escape (with 120K on the clock). My 05GT runs great and I've been using it for well over a year. The Escape greatly benefitted the first time it was used, so I use it now as preventive maintenance (keeping the tops of the pistons & valves clear of build up).
Modern cars have multiple effective precautions designed against engine system buildup unlike cars of previous generations, you don't need chemtool-b12 on a mustang lol it costs $15 a bottle.

"The Escape greatly benefitted the first time it was used, so I use it now as preventive maintenance (keeping the tops of the pistons & valves clear of build up)" this I agree with, but the OP is talking about his relatively new Mustang , who's build up precautions work fine. You don't need something that costs $15 every time you change your oil, as a magic pill for you car. Companies that sell things like that make tons of money for something that you don't need. This is one of the better ones in that lot of engine additives because it DOES work on older/high mielage cars, but don't think that your car now can benefit from it because that's silly and in the end it's just like any additive you can buy, this stuff wastes your money.

It's your bill MTAS...

Quick Reply: SeaFoam treatment