Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on pricing my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help on pricing my car

Return to stock and price it to sell. 20,500 comes to mind.. Like I always tell people do you want to sell it or collect it??
the longer you "collect" it the more of a loss you will incur in the long run. You lose because your making payments, paying insurance and that early in a car loan the car depreciates at a rate greater then your paying the loan down.

Remember your first money is your best money. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:32 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Start at KBB and add O.B.O........ and go from there! Sell the radio and put mufflers on and try ebay with a buy it now price of 24,000 or take over payments? If you really need to get rid of the car fast you will have to sacrifice on the bottom line and it may take a chunk out of your pocket but the payment will be gone! Always look at the bright side and DO NOT tell potential buyers that you are in a hurry to sell it because they prey on that and take you for all your worth! Sorry but I do know many people out there that think that way and the pity thing for the masses usually backfires on the seller. It is a buyers market!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 PM
flg2010
1st Gear Member

Basiclly its the base model, if you trade it now you will get 16 - 18k toward a new car, if you sell it private party plan on 19k or 20k.

Most new cars loose 20% once you own/finance company owns the car and you drive it off the lot. Add a year and you can take another 10 - 15% off what the car is worth.

As for premium's going for 23k new, it depends again on the options on top of that and your location. I see no premium GT's in CTwith: security system, Auto, HIDs, Convience package, IUP, and Premium Wheels for less then 27/28k out the door (what you will get in negeotiationsand rebates. My friend is seaarching for a new GT premium and has been tryign to get it down under 27k with little luck with the options he wants.

I bought agt prem convert for 33k and changealmost 2 months ago. I overpaid by700 bucks but after a regional search of inventories could not find a cheaper one with: HID, convience package, auto,security system. The dealer even installed the upgraded instrament panel andinterrior lighting after thepurchase for nominal charge. In 3 years I doubt I will see more then 16k in a trade in.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:32 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flg2010

Basiclly its the base model, if you trade it now you will get 16 - 18k toward a new car, if you sell it private party plan on 19k or 20k.

Most new cars loose 20% once you own/finance company owns the car and you drive it off the lot. Add a year and you can take another 10 - 15% off what the car is worth.

As for premium's going for 23k new, it depends again on the options on top of that and your location. I see no premium GT's in CT with: security system, Auto, HIDs, Convience package, IUP, and Premium Wheels for less then 27/28k out the door (what you will get in negeotiations and rebates. My friend is seaarching for a new GT premium and has been tryign to get it down under 27k with little luck with the options he wants.

I bought a gt prem convert for 33k and change almost 2 months ago. I overpaid by 700 bucks but after a regional search of inventories could not find a cheaper one with: HID, convience package, auto, security system. The dealer even installed the upgraded instrament panel and interrior lighting after the purchase for nominal charge. In 3 years I doubt I will see more then 16k in a trade in.

It may depend on the area but My gt with HIDs IUP Gt appearance package, and anti theft alarm sticker was 29,600. I had 4500 in rebates plus I knocked 3k off the price. add tax and dealer fee...
Old 03-30-2008, 06:41 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangChris04

It may depend on the area but My gt with HIDs IUP Gt appearance package, and anti theft alarm sticker was 29,600. I had 4500 in rebates plus I knocked 3k off the price. add tax and dealer fee...
[/quote]

WELL DONE Chris. You should hire yourself out as a buyers rep..... It sounds like you went into the purchase looking at is as a business transaction; not emotional. You nailed current market value. All those fluffy options are designed to artificially inflate prices. They have some value but not anywhere what is listed on the sticker'

again, well done on purchasing at fair market value and I'm serious about helping potential buyers