Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drove the 427R

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:23 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: drove the 427R

I'd rock a 302extreme which is more than a GT500..

ORIGINAL: flg2010

At what.. $50k MSRP and most likely a $10k or more markup I would rather just get a GT500. Better value, more power, and less of a chance the engine blows up since its larger and dosen't use gimmicks.

Yes, the 427R is nice but I find it hard to beleieve it or any other tuner is worth more then a GT500.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

aparently there are a lot of people here who give a s**t about this car and its not even theirs. so to all those people complaining about the way i romped arround in that car, sorry i broke your rules. next time i will defenatly start a thread and ask everyone if its ok to do that.

not everyone is being that way, but to the people who seem to be jealous or just trying to rain on the parade, you know who you are, lay off, your not going to buy this particular car, so just chill out and stop complaining.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

It's okay. Alot of guys here are the byproduct of not letting your kids play outside. They become emotionally attached to everything, even things that aren't theirs..

ORIGINAL: One Bad Stang

aparently there are a lot of people here who give a s**t about this car and its not even theirs. so to all those people complaining about the way i romped arround in that car, sorry i broke your rules. next time i will defenatly start a thread and ask everyone if its ok to do that.

not everyone is being that way, but to the people who seem to be jealous or just trying to rain on the parade, you know who you are, lay off, your not going to buy this particular car, so just chill out and stop complaining.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

That is my favorite mustang! I love the graphics. In fact that is my wallpaper right now. Take some good pics so I can use yours as my wallpaper. To me the roush, like the one you have is the best looking stang ever!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I don't know what's with people hating on 427R's and the Saleens. You just gotta shop around to get a good deal on them. Just like when they offered me a brand new S281 Supercharged for 41k... brand new a year ago. You could probably get a 427R for 40k or so... it's not that bad. 6-7k away from the Vette and after you put a grand in it or so it will be the same car performance-wise. I'm glad you got a chance to test drive it. The fastest car I've been in so far was my old 346whp 3000GT which is pretty close to the 427R since it's lighterso I feel your excitement brother.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:23 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

wheni launched it a couple of times, i ripped through first gear like a raped ape, then slammed second and the squealing of the rear meats was there until redline in second. by third gear i finally had some grip and it just took off!!!
I'll keep an eye out and avoid #7 if i ever look to buy a 427R. Thanks for the warning.
Haha lol,.......... I bet that whine was sick. Although the roots isn't as good as the other types I think the roush has the best whine IMHO
Old 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

It's okay. Alot of guys here are the byproduct of not letting your kids play outside. They become emotionally attached to everything, even things that aren't theirs..
I would say that is a load of BS.
The ones voicing an opinion on this issue are the ones who care about other people’s property and don't like idea that they might be on the receiving end of some asshat who wants to tear up a car and put it back on the lot.
The people that think it is cool are the immature ones with a sense of entitlement that think they are allowed to destroy crap that doesn’t belong to them.

What is the name of the dealership you work at?
Please let me know so I can avoid ever buying a car there.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

what did he trade it in for?? the 427 is nice but way too much money. Fast Fords/Mustangs magazine tested one this month and they complained about the tires as well.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

The ones voicing an opinion on this issue are the ones who care about other people’s property and don't like idea that they might be on the receiving end of some asshat who wants to tear up a car and put it back on the lot.
The people that think it is cool are the immature ones with a sense of entitlement that think they are allowed to destroy crap that doesn’t belong to them.
Destroy? WTF? Do you putt around town in 4th gear all the time, or are you DESTROYing your car? With all those mods in your sig, I hope you actually drive it once in awhile.

I can guarantee you, the person who buys that Roush is gonna do exactly what he did within 2 minutes of pulling off the lot (even if it's some AARP member). And it won't hurt the car one little bit.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

I own my car so what ever I do to it is fine.
If I want todrive the **** out of it I will, he doesn't own that car.
He is driving the crap out of it, slamming gears and what not and putting it back on the lot, that is BS IMO.

Destroy might be a little harsh of a word for this situation, but the fact is he doesn't own the car and shouldn't be driving it like that.
I wonder how his boss would feel about the subject, I am sure he wouldn't like it one bit.

Quick Reply: drove the 427R