Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drove the 427R

Old 03-28-2008, 11:40 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default drove the 427R

well, we got a Roush 427R in today on trade at my dealer where i work. its red w/white stripes and vinyl. its got the manual gearbox, roush-charger (of course) and the 2 tone red/black interior.

WOW!!! what a car!!! it drives just like myGT (mild bolt ons), that is untill you dip into the throtle a bit. when you do, all the sudden the super charger givesoff a nice whine, and your gone!! traction is defenatly an issue in this monster. wheni launched it a couple of times, i ripped through first gear like a raped ape, then slammed second and the squealing of the rear meats was there until redline in second. by third gear i finally had some grip and it just took off!!!

launching from a second gear roll at about 45mph is the most fun though, it will take you from 45 to 70mph before you know whats going on. and did i allready mention that sweet sweet super charger whine???

i know a lot of people on this forum are making better hp and tq #'s than a stock 427R, but ive never driven a s/c'd stang before and damn... i gotta get a huffer now!!!

just thought i would share the experience with you all... oh yah, the plaque in the engine bay said the car was number 7 of 70. so i'm assuming they only built 70 427R's that year. if so, i feel privledged to be able to pilot one for the short time i was able to.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: drove the 427R

Awesome......Do you know what gears it has?
Old 03-29-2008, 01:23 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Nice!
Old 03-29-2008, 01:41 AM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

the great thing about roush is the wheels and tires are perfect, big old 18x10 inch wheels out back. Its a great car and the red and white color scheme is probably the best looking imo.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 AM
justang07
2nd Gear Member

very nice.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: One Bad Stang

well, we got a Roush 427R in today on trade at my dealer where i work. its red w/white stripes and vinyl. its got the manual gearbox, roush-charger (of course) and the 2 tone red/black interior.

WOW!!! what a car!!! it drives just like my GT (mild bolt ons), that is untill you dip into the throtle a bit. when you do, all the sudden the super charger gives off a nice whine, and your gone!! traction is defenatly an issue in this monster. when i launched it a couple of times, i ripped through first gear like a raped ape, then slammed second and the squealing of the rear meats was there until redline in second. by third gear i finally had some grip and it just took off!!!

launching from a second gear roll at about 45mph is the most fun though, it will take you from 45 to 70mph before you know whats going on. and did i allready mention that sweet sweet super charger whine???

i know a lot of people on this forum are making better hp and tq #'s than a stock 427R, but ive never driven a s/c'd stang before and damn... i gotta get a huffer now!!!

just thought i would share the experience with you all... oh yah, the plaque in the engine bay said the car was number 7 of 70. so i'm assuming they only built 70 427R's that year. if so, i feel privledged to be able to pilot one for the short time i was able to.
I would never buy a used specialty sportster just because of the cowboys who taste it before the next buyer!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:34 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

Awesome......Do you know what gears it has?
yeah, it has the standard GT rear end with the 3:55's. it would have been nice to see some 4:10's or 3:73's back there but the stock gears are cool with that much power.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

WOW!!! what a car!!! it drives just like myGT (mild bolt ons), that is untill you dip into the throtle a bit. when you do, all the sudden the super charger givesoff a nice whine, and your gone!! traction is defenatly an issue in this monster. wheni launched it a couple of times, i ripped through first gear like a raped ape, then slammed second and the squealing of the rear meats was there until redline in second. by third gear i finally had some grip and it just took off!!!

I would never buy a used specialty sportster just because of the cowboys who taste it before the next buyer!
exactly.

all the gone in 60 seconds wannabe's raping the car left and right just to get a taste.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

+1. i wasn't the only one to beat on it either.

but, to a point, that is what the car is built for... to a point.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:41 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

exactly.

all the gone in 60 seconds wannabe's raping the car left and right just to get a taste.
can you honestly say, if given the oppertunity that wou wouldn't do the same thing?? cowboy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: drove the 427R