Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brenspeed stg. 3 installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:41 PM
robsirish

Default brenspeed stg. 3 installed

went up to brenspeed this week and had my saleen 475 kit upgraded to a stg. 3.can't describe the differance between the two except to say wow! brent and dave were simply awesome and i couldn't be happier with the outcome. i only wish i had ordered a tune months ago and gotten rid of saleens. dyno #'s were 425hp and 422 torque. they problably would be higher but i filled up with some questionable gas (half a tank from an offbrand station) of 92 (all they had) instead of my normal 93. they did a few pulls before i went back to watch, then the first i saw pulled a 435 torque but a lower hp #. the knock sensors didn't like the gas but brent explained that the hp #'s are always higher than the torque but that the sensors were pulling timing. the next pull was just a few minutes later when i got my 425/422 and the graph was nice and smooth but the car had been pulling runs for problably 25 minutes off and on.sorry so long winded but the car now has no throttle lag and pulls like a bat outta hell. also had gt 500 fuel pump installed instead of the kb boost a pump and upgraded to their larger heat exchanger. BRENDSPEED ROCKS!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 PM
BlackonBlack07
1st Gear Member

Default RE: brenspeed stg. 3 installed

Wow, congrats. Nice numbers too.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 PM
flolo
1st Gear Member

They really have a great company. I was down there tuesday to have them install a stage 2. during the install they baught us lunch, and when i asked themif they knew of acab service that would get us back into town,Dave pulled around the expedition for us to use for the day! When i came backhe had detailed the engine as well.my fuel pump was pegging on the dyno, so i had them install the boost a pump also. pulled 422/400. the car def. hauls now. i already have plans for the stage 3 upgrade and the larger intercooler.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

So let me get this straight...you had a 475hp Saleen kit already...you upgraded to something better and you only pulled 425hp/422tq on 92 octane? I would want a little more if it was me.Isn't it supposed to be 500+? And yes I know about drivetrain loss and all that. Not knocking Bren cuz I have had their tunes it they were great just questioning Saleen
Old 03-29-2008, 08:14 PM
robsirish

475 is at the crank, and with the #'s from the last pull it (the dyno formula) showed me with 500 at the crank. as i said the car had numerous pulls done in a short amount of time to get baseline figures before brents fine tuning.i wanted and got a 93 tune butthe knock sensors pulled timing from the car and there isn't anything to be done with that. the 435 torque pull would have given me a really nice hp # but the sensors pulled the timing. as for the 475 kit compared to brenspeeds kit there is no comparison. my car used to start pulling hard somewhere after 3000-3200 rpm. now it will pull the second you put your foot on the gas. i have 3.31 gearing that surely has something to do with it, but i'm glad i do now as i have to get used to the new power. the first time i got on it i got a little (actually quite alot) sideways and left rubber for problably 30 feet. saleens tune i can honestly say is wayyyy to conservitive, i would tell anyone running the stock tune that they are missing out on alot of power/fun!!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flolo

They really have a great company. I was down there tuesday to have them install a stage 2. during the install they baught us lunch, and when i asked themif they knew of acab service that would get us back into town,Dave pulled around the expedition for us to use for the day! When i came backhe had detailed the engine as well.my fuel pump was pegging on the dyno, so i had them install the boost a pump also. pulled 422/400. the car def. hauls now. i already have plans for the stage 3 upgrade and the larger intercooler.
Damn! Talk about customer service.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

Just one more reason Brenspeed is TOPS I just installed their new intercooler its real nice congrats on the new set up
Old 03-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I wish I had a supercharger but never the less I'm content.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 AM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

i had the stage 3 installed about 3 weeks ago. the first few times i touched the gas pedal i spun the tires. it is crazy how much of a difference they make on these cars. i can't wait to get to the track and see those 1/4 mile #s.

brenspeed is knows what they are doing .
Old 03-30-2008, 11:14 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

haha "he pulled the expedition around" that's awsome!

Quick Reply: brenspeed stg. 3 installed