MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Question about Posted Pics..... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/426235-question-about-posted-pics.html)

mlcrycc 03-29-2008 11:00 PM

Question about Posted Pics.....

Do pictures posted on this or other forums become public domain, and are usable without permission???

Thanks,
Mike

07AlloyGT 03-29-2008 11:04 PM

RE: Question about Posted Pics.....

unless you specifically state that they cannot be used without your permission then they are part of the internets.

best thing to do is put a watermark on all your pics.

Stoenr 03-29-2008 11:20 PM

What he said.

Why what ya got!

Caution 03-29-2008 11:36 PM

+1 -- some one use your stang for something?

ShadyNinja 03-30-2008 12:47 AM

watermark FTW

Orion_240 03-30-2008 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

unless you specifically state that they cannot be used without your permission then they are part of the internets.

Is that a specific rule that the operators of this site created? Or are you guessing?

I've always thought ownership of my photos (and their copyright) belongs solely to the person who took the photo. I'f someone thinks they can steal a photo from here and use it to sell their product they will be in for a very rude surprise, watermark or not.

The internet (not internets) is not public domain. All photos reside on servers which are owned by people or companies which can all be held liable.

07AlloyGT 03-30-2008 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

Is that a specific rule that the operators of this site created? Or are you guessing?

I've always thought ownership of my photos (and their copyright) belongs solely to the person who took the photo. I'f someone thinks they can steal a photo from here and use it to sell their product they will be in for a very rude surprise, watermark or not.

The internet (not internets) is not public domain. All photos reside on servers which are owned by people or companies which can all be held liable.

unless otherwise noted, pictures are part of public domain. if you don't want your pics being used for something, then either you state when posting or you take your problem to the person using your pics. the internet (and if you didn't catch the joke on why i said internets then whatever) is public domain. the forum rules section on this site does not state anything that would suggest that any images posted here are copyright of user or even excused from being used by others.

like i said earlier, if you dont want your stuff being used, say so. if you really don't want your stuff being used, say so and treat all your pictures with a watermark.

mlcrycc 03-30-2008 11:21 AM

What he said.

Why what ya got!

+1 -- some one use your stang for something?
LOL...Yeah, I was surfing on one of the other forums, and found an older thread about my front splitter from Astra Hammond. One of the recent posts pointed out the fact that my pics were being used on a site that is selling the splitter. That said, there are other sites that have used my car for sales pics, but they have always asked permission to do so. I started thinking about it, and I did give permission to Astra Hammond to use my car for pics, so they may havefurnished the pics from them. It's no big thing, and I take it as the compliment it is. But it may have been nice if they threw me a bone like a free mod or something.....:D:D

It was more a curiousity thing more than anything.....

Thanks guys,
Mike

Daniel60 03-30-2008 11:25 AM

The thong and cleavage showdown photosare distributed through out the country. If you haven't view them yet then I suggest you do so. They are located in the Off-topic section.

howarmat 03-30-2008 11:35 AM

you post any picture on the net its free for them to use pretty much IMO. If you want compensation, you have your work cut out for you and shouldnt expect it.