MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Is this a good price for the GT.. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/427240-is-this-a-good-price-for-the-gt.html)

Avalanch3 03-31-2008 11:45 PM

Is this a good price for the GT..

At the moment I have a '07 V6 mustang, which I'm going to give to my sister (sadly, she won't enjoy the full potential of the car) so I'm going to need to find myself another car.

So, of course I'm going to look for a GT :P (I love mustangs, I can't leave them)

After searching for a good condition GT, low miles/price I stumbled upon this...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/622107663.html

Asking price is $17k, and only 15k miles on the car. Doesn't seem to have a salvage title, looks clean, but too cheap? What do the rest of you think?
[align=left] [/align]

ohnoesaz 04-01-2008 12:49 AM

RE: Is this a good price for the GT..

Not a bad deal.

A year ago, February '07 to be exact, I bought my '05 GT with 5K miles for $19000. The '05s are older now, so rightfully so you're getting it for cheaper, but with $10K more miles than I did. Can you bargain? Honestly, thats not a bad price, but I'd ask for $1k off that, or maybe take the listed price as the out-the-door including tax price.

Oh yeah, my car doesn't have the purty leather, silver dash etc so that matters too.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer more info, except to say 15K miles is still a new car and thats not a bad price at all...... Do a little bargaining.

mystang68/05 04-01-2008 02:04 AM

[align=center]

I payed to use this for a month. May be this will help. It's the only way I could post it.

2005 Ford Mustang GT
VIN: 1ZVHT82H055148507
Body Style: COUPE
Engine Size: 4.6L V8 FI 3V
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Original Manufacturer's Warranty:
Basic Warranty Expired
Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer!

The original manufacturer's warranty includes:
36 months or 36,000 miles[/b]

Number of Owners:

Last owned in the following state/province:

California
[font="times new roman"][size=3][align=center]

None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles:

Salvage, Junk, Rebuilt

Guaranteed
No Problem

Fire / Flood, Hail damage, Buyback / Lemon

Guaranteed
No Problem

Not Actual Mileage,
Exceeds Mechanical Limits

Guaranteed
No Problem

No issues reported to CARFAX on the following:

Total Loss

No Issues Reported

Structural / Frame Damage

No Issues Reported

Airbag Deployment

No Issues Reported

Odometer Rollback

No Issues Reported

Other Accidents

No Issues Reported
[/align][align=center]

[align=center]

Purchased:

Type:

Personal

Where:

California

Est. miles/year:

---

Est. length owned:

2/18/05 - 7/8/05
(4 months)

[/align]

Date:

Mileage:

Source:

Comments:

01/31/2005

NICB

Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original dealer

02/14/2005

Service Facility

Vehicle serviced

02/18/2005

California Motor Vehicle Dept. Brentwood, CA

Title issued or updated First owner reported Registered as personal vehicle Loan or lien reported

[align=center]

Purchased:

Where:

California

Est. miles/year:

---

Est. length owned:

7/8/05 - 8/6/05
(29 days)

[/align]

Date:

Mileage:

Source:

Comments:

07/08/2005

California Motor Vehicle Dept. Brentwood, CA

Title issued or updated New owner reported Loan or lien reported

[align=center]

Purchased:

Where:

California

Est. miles/year:

[size=3][font=

Orion_240 04-01-2008 03:04 AM

Carfax can be worthless. I check ed cars I had previously owned and one didn't show that the car had been in 3 accidents and successfully repaired. The other claimed there was something wrong with the mileage, when there was none.

Just take the car to a qualified inspector. I'd be a little worried about the car having # previous owners, but the price is very good for such low mileage ( it should have over 36,000 by now) and for Calif!

Chazz0812 04-01-2008 04:06 AM

I would not suggest buying a used car w/3 previous owners - you know each one of them floored the throttle till it spit up
cheescake, ran it over a curb, (at full throttle) towed a trailer house w/ it, then knocked up their GF on the console -
THEN he floored it constantly , while running over curbs in search of cheescake for his knocked up girlfreind! Oh, he also
used it to plow a field - at FULL THROTTLE!
Make the down payment on a new one!

timothyrw 04-01-2008 08:06 AM

how is that any worse then a one-owner who did all those same things?

one person or three, it's all the same thing and it's pure speculation...

just get it checked out. seems like a fair price.

Black05StangGT 04-01-2008 08:21 AM

Actually carfax will show 3 owners when really it was more like 1 or even 2 owners and its because the person refinanced the car a couple of times or the dealer bought it from an auction which was the car sitting in holding before the next dealer picked it up...I wouldn't worry that much about the # of owners...

Avalanch3 04-01-2008 08:32 AM

Wow, mysrang, thank you a million! You basically saved me the $$$ spent on carfax for this car..

I will try to haggle the price down, I'm sure I can get it down if I pay a good deal or all wish cash. right? I'm sure I can get it down to 15-16k.. hopefully.

torque_is_good 04-01-2008 08:46 AM

There are many people on this forum and other unnamed forums that are looking to, or considering selling their cars. If it were me, I'd post a "looking to buy" thread and ask to be pm'd.

Use this ad as a bargaining chip because some of the private sellers, not all, aren't selling with their eyes open and are asking in the $20's which is dangerously close to brand new 08 GT deluxe after rebates and discounts.

You are a rare breed right now; you are a buyer. You are in control in this market, not the seller.

timothyrw 04-01-2008 09:00 AM

i once saw on a car salesman tells all type of thing, and has proven true in my experience, that the price on the windshield doesn't mean anything!

even with new cars, and especially most domestic, the same applies.