Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide on UCA and LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM
StangAddiction

Default RE: Help me decide on UCA and LCA's

Thanks guys, I appreciate your info. I will probably get the BMR pieces, I'm just waitingto save up a few more dollars so that I can get everything at once, including Eibach springs. Stangsuspensions.com is where I foundall this at the best price. As soon asI get it installed I will post some pics. I also have Rims, Tires, and Exhaust here at the house, I plan on doingit all at the same time.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 PM
docwine
1st Gear Member

I have UMI Single Adj Lowers and UMI tubular Upper (non adj). Love them... They also make an adj panhard bar (#1042 or 1043). You can find them at http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...&ModelID=5

No wheel hop. If I were to lower, I'd get the Steeda brackets at
http://www.steeda.com/products/lower...n_brackets.php

They must be welded in and that gives you the stock location for now, then later when you lower you'll have the other points to adjust to.

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Well he asked for suggestions, I was giving my .02. Im not saying everyone else's sucks, Im just showing what else is available.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:24 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Anything is better then this thing though

Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

If you want to talk suspension, give me a call bud. We carry all BMR suspension products. 619 596 1202.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangAddiction
I was planning on getting BMR UCA, LCA's, and panhard bar. After checking into the CHE brand, they seem to be great also. However, CHE offers the LCA's with the "bracket" for the brake lines and also, they havethe Delrin bushing added for less maintenance and squeek free. The only hold back for me is that CHE doesn't offer a panhard bar with center adjustment, only adjustment on the end. I read that center adjustment is better. BMR has the panhard bar with center adjustment. I wanted to get all the pieces from the same manufacturer. Would it hurt to get the control arms from CHE and the panhard bar from BMR? Thoughts??
Thanks.
Where did you read that having the adjustment in the center of the PHB is better? I've heard some true suspension experts state the opposite.

Personally I wouldn't worry about mixing from different manufacturers, this stuff is not too complicated. All the top brands are high quality, so pick the parts that suit you.

In regards to reloc brakets: I have Eibach-Pro springs and no-reloc braket. The rears of my LCAs are higher than the fronts (toward front of car), not ideal. Its ~6 degree slope, ideally you want 0 as the best compromise between acceleration and braking (the angle will change). So...eventually I will get reloc brackets and I'll go with the Steeda because they have the most adjustability. However, I should point out, with my current Mods and 255/45/18 Sumitomos I do not experience wheel hop...go figure.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
StangAddiction

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

ORIGINAL: StangAddiction
I was planning on getting BMR UCA, LCA's, and panhard bar. After checking into the CHE brand, they seem to be great also. However, CHE offers the LCA's with the "bracket" for the brake lines and also, they havethe Delrin bushing added for less maintenance and squeek free. The only hold back for me is that CHE doesn't offer a panhard bar with center adjustment, only adjustment on the end. I read that center adjustment is better. BMR has the panhard bar with center adjustment. I wanted to get all the pieces from the same manufacturer. Would it hurt to get the control arms from CHE and the panhard bar from BMR? Thoughts??
Thanks.
Where did you read that having the adjustment in the center of the PHB is better? I've heard some true suspension experts state the opposite.

Personally I wouldn't worry about mixing from different manufacturers, this stuff is not too complicated. All the top brands are high quality, so pick the parts that suit you.

In regards to reloc brakets: I have Eibach-Pro springs and no-reloc braket. The rears of my LCAs are higher than the fronts (toward front of car), not ideal. Its ~6 degree slope, ideally you want 0 as the best compromise between acceleration and braking (the angle will change). So...eventually I will get reloc brackets and I'll go with the Steeda because they have the most adjustability. However, I should point out, with my current Mods and 255/45/18 Sumitomos I do not experience wheel hop...go figure.

Where I heard that the better panhard bar with center adjustment was from another website that I don't want to mention. Their reason had to do with ease of adjustment I believe. Thats why I am here, to ask and find this out before my purchase.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

BMR all the way..my car hadles like a *****...u wont be dissapointed..

[IMG]local://upfiles/19878/8357F8804B104A09956BE19C639DBEBE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
StangAddiction

For those with BMR, what do I do with the brake line?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

look to TacoBill's BMR LCA write up

its in the TacoBill how to's page

Quick Reply: Help me decide on UCA and LCA's