Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Followed a GTO yesterday in.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Followed a GTO yesterday in.....

Thanks. I will let him know. I will send him to test drive.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

I have had my Mustang for 3 months now, I still can not get over the interest in the vehicle. From everybody I come across, young and old, it is amazing. From car buffs to "Soccer Moms", everyone just comments on the beauty of the vehicle.

One of a kind style, not matched anywhere on the road at this point. There maybe faster vehicles on the road, like Corvettes, Bentleys, etc. But I still very much enjoy this vehicle. And this forum is a good place for Mustang enthusiast to share their appreciation for a great automobile. Yes, it may have a few first year problems that can be overcome. But the style is American through and through...In your face! American Muscle.

Later,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/357F4A494A974A5FAD8AE1673FC56401.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6

Let's at least compare apples to apples.
Why are we comparing the GTO with the Mustang? If you ask me the Mustang is the best bang for the buck.
GTO MSRP $32,295 - Mustang @26,125. That's a $6,000 difference. Granted the GTO 1/4 mile is 13.1 against 13.9 for the Mustang but IMO you can use that 6K difference in a supercharger or turbo and a few other bolt ons and it'll not only be a faster car but better looking.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

See...You're still not comparing correctly. Price out a Mustang with the same options that come standard on a GTO. They're relatively the same price. -100 hp for the Mustang. While the GTO isn't the prettiest car on the planet. The Mustang is just downright ugly.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

See...You're still not comparing correctly. Price out a Mustang with the same options that come standard on a GTO. They're relatively the same price. -100 hp for the Mustang. While the GTO isn't the prettiest car on the planet. The Mustang is just downright ugly.

Why I'll want whatever options the GTO has? I'm just using base price regardless. The only reason you are all for the GTO is because you are an '05 hater and ran out of anything else to compare it to. It won't surprise me if you start comparing it to a MAC truck....lots of power and better looking....buahahahaha
Old 04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

There are some sweet looking Mack's out these days!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

Why I'll want whatever options the GTO has? I'm just using base price regardless. The only reason you are all for the GTO is because you are an '05 hater and ran out of anything else to compare it to. It won't surprise me if you start comparing it to a MAC truck....lots of power and better looking....buahahahaha
It's funny, when I saw the concept for the 05 I was stoked, I even said that I would not mind owning one. However now that the car has been out for awhile I can say that I will never own one, not because of the styling (I think the car looks OK) but because of all the people who rushed out to buy them. These guys all act like Billy Bad *** in a high 13 sec car. Not to mention the huge amount of noobs who are buying them and then suddenly are "car guys", they think a cold air kit will get them in the 12's come on. I dread the up coming car show season, it's going to be like when the PT Loser came out, all the dorks took them to car shows, and thought they had something special.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

The only options the GTO has over the Mustang is dual power seats, and steering wheel controls for everything. Also the bigger motor. The mustang has a better stereo, and everthing else is pretty even between the two. The loaded Mustang costs just over $30k and the loaded GTO costs just over $35k. So standard on standard the GTO is a much nicer car but it is $6k more. Loaded on loaded the difference is still $5k so I don't see why sdwz 4.6 is saying that they are the same price for the same options. I am not trying to downgrade the GTO I am just trying to defend my high 13 second heap.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

you can get sick about hearing this all you want i also own a gto a real one. all though mine dose not run any thing very fast needs to be rebuilt. but THAT IS NOT A GTO! there is nothing luxury about my moms 1969 judge and my dad's friends 65 GTO it is just a big car with a big engine. my 67 has a tired 400 CI that needs rebuilt and just looking at it and then seeing a new one drive by not one thing in common not even a similarity or common ground except the both have v-8's. lets just stick a V-8 in any thing and slap a lable on it dose that make it the car it once was. never in my post did i say that an 05 mustang would beat that sad attempt(gto).i don't mind a new gto comming out i thought the idea was awsome but why on gods green earth would they do this to an american legend. and i don't know why you even brought up lemans or tempets we are talking about gto's they are in the same family but not in same proformance bracket. nova's are not even in the same family. i am not saying that proformance of the new pontiac isn't up there. but they could have at least spent the time and money to redesign the car in a muscle car image. they didn't even have to go with a retro look just make it look like a big powerful car. like a muscle car.there is nothing in that cars stance or looks thats says i am a muscle car! that is it's history not this grand am with a v-8 in it. and i am not puting down this cars looks because i bought an 05 mustang it is because it pains me to see the label on a car that i can not see one thing that reminds me of what a gto should be. i am not compairing that car with an 05 if i did it would be unfair i love my car to much. i am basing my compairson on a gto a real one, cause that is what that car supposedly is.reguardless what car i drive it has no bearing on my feelings of this wanna be gto.
ORIGINAL: yellowjacket05

ORIGINAL: silverbullit05

can we stop calling it a gto and just call it a fast pontiac... or beefy grand or some thing hurts my feelings every time i hear the word cause it has nothing in common with a gto.(except they both had v-8's that it) non of the stylish lines nothing even comes close on the new one. very sad attempt.
I am so sick of hearing this BS. Take a long look at the original GTO generations and you'll very little in common style wise between the years. Ok, motors are close 350-389-400-455, atleast Pontiac V8's. Same rally wheels. The 64-67 are tempests with non functionl scoops, 68-72 are lemans, 73 was a bad lemans, 74 is a Nova with a TA shacker hood for christ sake! And they all had styling queues from the model lines at the times, as does the current car. What, you actually believe that if the GTO had never left, it would be better than this one?? It would be a FWD V6 supercharged buick 3800 and you know it. And it would suck ***.
The original GTO's were comfortable luxury muscle at best, not even in the top 10 performance wise in any year you want to test. The current car is also luxury muscle, but is the fastest car on the PLANET for the money right now! Name a high 12 second, low 13 second 400 horespower car under 35,000.00, under 40,000, under 50,000? The vette is the closest and it is over 50,000 msrp. The new Shelby Mustang should steal this honor, but I hear msrp is 39,000.
Stock for stock vs $$$ the GTO is the king of 2005, yea I know cars like the Subaru all wheel drive turbo is quick and cheap, but lacks any refinment at all and I still say a GTO takes it in the quarter mile and beyond to the 155mph limiter.

By the way, I own a 2005 GTO, and I also absolutely love the Mustang and it does look better, but I drive on the inside of the car and after one test drive vs a 2005 Mustang, I was sold.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:12 AM
gotmineNov04

imho... thought this was a Mustang forum.

Quick Reply: Followed a GTO yesterday in.....