Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So how F'd in the A am I?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default So how F'd in the A am I?

so i can't find my xcal2. you know, the one with my tunes from brenspeed and my STOCK TUNE.

i already emailed brent and told him about it. i have a feeling it was taken from my car when i got either the oil serviced or my tires worked on. stupid me leaving it in there. it could be in my house but i've tore it apart looking for it and no dice.

so, tell me how bad it is.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: So how F'd in the A am I?

I would look really good throughout the car just to make sure. I have had stuff go under the trunk floor liner near the spare tire before. But you will just be out the cost of the tuner for the most part. If need the Pcm can be reflashed using as built data to the factory settings.

[/align]
Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

i'm gonna check again and really break the house apart cause i swear i took it inside but then again i could have imagined that.

i figured i'd just get another one but the fact that i no longer have the stock tune anymore worries me. does brent keep a stock ford tune and just makes it for the code that's on my car? i know im throwing out hopes and dreams here but i don't know how i could get the stock tune on there unless i get the dealership to flash it and even then wouldn't it freak with the strategy of the car?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

No. With the VCM (Ford tuner) it doesn't get locked out like the aftermarket ones. So when the dealer reflashes it all they are doing is putting in the latest calibration from Ford. So like the SCT reflashes for performance, theirs reflashes to update. I know I have done that to an F-150 before. The guy had is truck broken into and the tuner was stolen with everything else. He bought a new programmer and brought it in. I reflashed the PCM with the Ford computer then installed the tuner as if it was the first time. Everything worked fine. I would email Brent though still because he'll know more info about the aftermarket programmers.

[/align]
Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

okay.

the problem i see is that brent is going to have to know the strategy of the new pcm update to make a new tune so without that i wouldn't have a tuner use.

hell i wouldn't have a tuner to get the strategy with
Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

On one of tacobill's sticky"s he has a list of all the strategy codes stock that came with the vehicle year pcm code and the updated version code once the dealer updates. Give it a look over and you'll probably find what your would be. Good luck finding the tuner. i'd be tearing my place up also.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:02 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brad281

On one of tacobill's sticky"s he has a list of all the strategy codes stock that came with the vehicle year pcm code and the updated version code once the dealer updates. Give it a look over and you'll probably find what your would be. Good luck finding the tuner. i'd be tearing my place up also.
okay, ill take a look for that.

so basically the only way to get a stock tune again is either i magically find my tuner or get ford to reflash the pcm?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT
ORIGINAL: brad281
okay, ill take a look for that.

so basically the only way to get a stock tune again is either i magically find my tuner or get ford to reflash the pcm?
I'm sure brent has a list of the latest codes so he migh be able to make a best guess of what the dealer will put on

or who knows the dealer "might" be able to tell you what he'll put on
Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

so brent just couldn't take my bone stock from the factory pcm and create me a stock ford tune? i know that's probably not the best way but i'm just trying to prevent the whole driving to a ford dealership, taking off my CAI and putting on the stock there then getting them to flash it.

its a penalty i'll have to face for losing my sct but if there was another way...
Old 04-01-2008, 09:13 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Seems like the way would be to go to ford and get the pcm reflashed. Even if Brent got you the factory stock ford tune, how would you load it w/o your tuner? You may have to keep the intake on if you take it in, since you're stuck with the tune already in you'd have to keep the intake on.