Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help deciding on a gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM
laith
1st Gear Member

Default need help deciding on a gt

Right now i have an 06 v6 tungsten gray with about 9k miles on it and im debating if i wanna sell/trade it in and get the gt. Do you think its worth it or should i just s/c my car. Just wanted to see what you gt guys think. Is it worth all the extra money to get the gt? Any feedback is appreciated. TIA
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: need help deciding on a gt

i did and yes it is totally worth it

i had a 06 v6 pp with 34000 km on it and i traded it for a 05 gt mineral grey with 26000km on it and it was the best move...the only thing simaliar between the 2 cars is that they somewhat look the same thats it......they gave me 16000 $ for my trade and i picked up the gt for 19000$.....best thing i ever done ...the gt is a totally different ride its got everything u need ....and its ready to be modded...... Go for it...
Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Personally never understood why people get a Mustang "6". But that is me. A Mustang GT just "FEELS RIGHT!". Used to love driving my BMW the feel of the engine, the way it revved and all. The Mustang GT is JUST RIGHT!

My MPG is OK. I've heard that the "6" doesn't really get you any big MPG savings. I've seen the computer telling me I'm turning high 20's and near 30 MPG. But I like to play on the throttle so my MPG in '07 was 18.4 which was in CA till July and in NC for the rest of the year. My '08 MPG is 21.3 to the last fill up.

admittedly, I really had a lot of FUN driving in CA with higher speeds, and mountain driving. Here in NC I only have flat roads, some short sprints on back roads, but when I get on the roads, I run it all the way to 63 MPH and hit the cruise control to keep me out of trouble.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Run it all the way to 63 mph? So that's like all of 3.5 seconds and two gears..
Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Run it all the way to 63 mph? So that's like all of 3.5 seconds and two gears..
Yes, NC is a lot slower than CA. Used to see 100 MPH just about every weekend. So far I've seen, I think, near 90 in the GT, and did see 115 on my bike. But, the NC law are pretty serious, and their penalty for people having too much fun is stiff.

On the other hand, the roads here in NC while being flat without question, do go through some very nice areas, two lane roads are the dominate type, sweeping curves, and it pretty common to find yourself on a road with no other traffic around. I do miss driving like I did in CA in Santa Cruz Mountains, the Sierra, and rolling hills back country, but the roads feel "comfortable" at 63 MPH. One downside I've had a couple of times, moving along following GPS directions to the destination, and all of a sudden the road becomes a DIRT road. Glad I was only doing 63 MPH when that came up on my horizon! Rapid slow down and turn around and back track. I don't like to do DIRT in or on my rides.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
laith
1st Gear Member

ya i really do think imma trade in especially if i can get a niice gt for only a few grand more
Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
07ROUSHGT
1st Gear Member

NOTHING beats having the feel of a V8 to play with!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

there is that guy on here that turbo'd his v6 and is putting out like 412rwhp and 440rwtq... he'd roast a GT... but he probably paid quite a bit more for it than just a GT... kind of depends on what you want I guess.. (especially if you want semi-sleeper) I'll behe getsricers wanting to race him quite a bit..
Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Get the GT and turbo that!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Go with the GT you wont regret it. MY dad has the V6 and ya its a nice sedan, but once you get in the GT you'll never want to go back. After you get the GT then start t o save up to SC that. I'd buy a SCer for mine but its time to ask the old lady to marry me and I'm spending my money on a ring instead.

Quick Reply: need help deciding on a gt