Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling all Brenspeed turbo kit owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Forge

Default calling all Brenspeed turbo kit owners

Im about ready to rip this damn turbo off. Not that i dont love the kit, im tired of POS tuners BS'ing me and telling me they know how to tune it..... then wasting hundreds of dollars on **** tunes.

Im down to my last 2 resorts.

1 - Mail tune from Brenspeed or someone else. Most of the good tuners refuse to do a mail order on this car, they want to tune it in person. While i understand that, i dont have the time or money to drive 14 hours there, wait around for 4-5 hours, then drive 14 hours back home. Not going to happen. I also dont have a few grand laying around to have the car drop shipped back and forth.

2 - driving 10+ hours to get it tuned by brenspeed (everyone else is farther away).

My question,

- is anyone using the brenspeed tune at 9 or 11psi? If so, have you heard or any issue or had any yourself with his dyno tune or mail order tune?

- anyone heard of a brenspeed tune blowing up, using his dyno tune or mail order tune?

I would have a mail order tune dynod locally, but dyno time is weeks out right now, so getting in and out for several tunes to get it dialed in is a pain in the ***.[/align]
Old 04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: calling all Brenspeed turbo kit owners

Supercharger for the win. you wanna make sure you get the tune done right because they go from no boost to crazy boost in no time flat and if your tune isn't a good tune you might be in trouble.

Good thing is when you get a turbo dialed in they are beasts.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

i used the brenspeed 9 and 11psi stock tunes for a while, both were great. I took it in and had it tuned for about 12-13 psi on the dyno, then we took it out for some promo videos and the motor let go. Can't say i wasn't warned... oops. Their stock tunes are great, but they do leave some on the table for safety. To get the absolute most you need a dyno tune, but it's not necessary to get a decent amount of power. I would only use brenspeeds tune though, as they sell a lot of these kits, and have a lot of experience. I can see why most tuners would want to have the car, I'm sure brenspeed would want it too if it was a THP kit or something
Old 04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Forge

Im about ready to rip this damn turbo off. Not that i dont love the kit, im tired of POS tuners BS'ing me and telling me they know how to tune it..... then wasting hundreds of dollars on **** tunes.

Im down to my last 2 resorts.

1 - Mail tune from Brenspeed or someone else. Most of the good tuners refuse to do a mail order on this car, they want to tune it in person. While i understand that, i dont have the time or money to drive 14 hours there, wait around for 4-5 hours, then drive 14 hours back home. Not going to happen. I also dont have a few grand laying around to have the car drop shipped back and forth.

2 - driving 10+ hours to get it tuned by brenspeed (everyone else is farther away).

My question,

- is anyone using the brenspeed tune at 9 or 11psi? If so, have you heard or any issue or had any yourself with his dyno tune or mail order tune?

- anyone heard of a brenspeed tune blowing up, using his dyno tune or mail order tune?

I would have a mail order tune dynod locally, but dyno time is weeks out right now, so getting in and out for several tunes to get it dialed in is a pain in the ***.[/align]
I feel your frustration but in all honesty, I would never...ever...use a canned tune with FI. Dyno is a must. Canned tunes can leave spots in your power and RPM band where you burn Rich or Lean. Canned tune is strictly for Emergency use or temp use (1 week) to get to a dyno and do a proper tune IMO.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

dyno tunes are definitely superior, but i have to say my standard tunes were spot on. My first pull on the dyno with their standard tune was pretty much perfect, Brent even said he wouldn't change it if we weren't increasing boost. He ships these things all over the world, my guess is that less than half are dyno tuned afterwards. It may not be perfect, but it will be safe, at least for 9psi. 11psi is pushing the limits, even with a dyno tune. honestly though, if i were you, i'd figure out how to make the drive. everyone raves over their customer service. Just leave your checkbook at home...