Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is the quality of MAC mufflers???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

Default How good is the quality of MAC mufflers???

I've been shopping around for a new muffler for my V6. I've heard sound clips of MACs and they sound pretty good, but in looking at prices, I've found that they're some of the cheapest mufflers out there. Considering that the muffler I'm looking at is 100% stainless steel, as opposed to other more expensive ones made of lesser-quality aluminized steel, I find this really surprising.

Are MAC mufflers good quality, or are they cheaper for a reason? I asked a similar question on the V6 page, but didn't get too many people with MACs. Anyway, I'm just asking what the general quality of their products are, and if they seem like good long-lasting mufflers. From what I can tell, they seem pretty similar to other high-quality mufflers (i.e. Flowmaster, Borla, MRT, FRPP), but just that their price is cheaper. That's definitely not a bad thing, but I'm just wondering if there's a reason for it. Thanks...

Here's a link to the muffler I'm interested in. It's the first one listed:
http://www.macperformance.com/store/...ategory_ID=943
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How good is the quality of MAC mufflers???

I dont know what other people think but I always really liked Mac products and thought their quality was good so I say go for it
Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
surf808
2nd Gear Member

I have the MAC mufflers and couldn't be happier. Good quality and if I clean them they still shine like new.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

I have the MAC mufflers and always get compliments on my exhaust. I have had them for over a year and no rust. I live right on the coast too.

You can hear them on my car at this link. Wait till around the one minute mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgUFOPd8AcU
Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meekstro

I have the MAC mufflers and always get compliments on my exhaust. I have had them for over a year and no rust. I live right on the coast too.

You can hear them on my car at this link. Wait till the around the one minute mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgUFOPd8AcU
Good to hear that there's been no rust... They are 100% stainless steel, inisde and out, right?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 PM
crashed1st2

they better be good i think im gonna buyem tonight from texashotrods.com.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:40 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

The mac a/bs are good quality, they sound great and the 4" tips are massive. The only down fall and I dont know if anyone had this issue is that they are a pain in the A** to get them aligned good. To this day, the alignment is still off. The driver side had always stuck out about an 1/8 to 1/4" further out no matter how much I twisted, turned, moved, tweaked, pryed whatever. I am picky on how they look and trying to get them center sucks! My only downfall
Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I have macs for sale preferably to florida resident. The tips are powder coated black though dunno if anybody is looking for that. Im not a fan of SS or chrome and deleted all of it off of my car, but the mufflers look sick with the powder coated tips, way meaner then shiny stuff,[8D]
Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Haven't heard anythingbad about MAC so far and from what's on youtube I can tell you their exhaust sounds great
Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 AM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SANANTONIO06GT

The mac a/bs are good quality, they sound great and the 4" tips are massive. The only down fall and I dont know if anyone had this issue is that they are a pain in the A** to get them aligned good. To this day, the alignment is still off. The driver side had always stuck out about an 1/8 to 1/4" further out no matter how much I twisted, turned, moved, tweaked, pryed whatever. I am picky on how they look and trying to get them center sucks! My only downfall
heat the hangers with a blowtorch and you can easily bend them to get the alignment perfect. Had to do that with mine. Otherwise -I agree the Mac mufflers are of high quality.

Quick Reply: How good is the quality of MAC mufflers???