Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy 2006 V6 Mustang Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
TOmustangON

Default Should I buy 2006 V6 Mustang Convertible?

Hey,

I am thinking about buying a 2006 V6 convertible. I have always wanted a nice convertible to go cruising in during the summer. I am not that big into performance so the 210 horsepower and 15 second 1/4 mile is plenty for me. I am not going to be racing at the tracK or anywhere else so I could'nt really justify to myself to get a GT and spend 7000-9000 extra dollars on power and speed I will never use.I like the look of the mustang and I thought it was thebest price I could get for a nice looking convertible.

What do you guys think?

Any input?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Should I buy 2006 V6 Mustang Convertible?

I know you wont race but i would really consider a GT. Its better in every way possible.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Get it. It really is one of the best looking covertibles and you can't beat the price. The v6 still has a bit of kick in it ... it's no slouch.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

I know you wont race but i would really consider a GT. Its better in every way possible.
only things that are obviously better on a GT than on the V6 are the duals, fascias and the rims. That, you can get for way less than 9k.. prolly ~1k if you get take-off parts. if you want the duals, it'd just be a few hundred on top of that. With that said, i said go for the V6. As mentioned above, the V6 is no slouch

oh yea.. the rep you get is better if you have a GT [:@], but thats about it
Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
TOmustangON

Ya I guess the rep you get may be a bit better if you have a GT..lol. I never really thought of it like that but to be honest I dont think think 80% of the general public who dont own mustangs would really be able to tell the difference between a V6 with dual exhuast and GT if they saw a mustang driving down the street. I know I did'nt really know or care ... until I paid more attention to it and starting thinking about buying one.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:02 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Get what you want.. don't let other's convince you that one engine is better than another. Based on your original post.. the v6 would be perfect for you. I recommend the pony package.. or at least have some sway bars installed if you get the base model.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

Make sure you put a Hertz plate on the front.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:23 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Get what you want.. don't let other's convince you that one engine is better than another. Based on your original post.. the v6 would be perfect for you.
+1....A lot of us haveour stangs andare on here for performance and to get our cars as fast as possible...But that doesnt mean that a v6 isnt right for some people...Esp if you just want a nice looking car to cruise around with on the weekends...So I say go for whatever you want(GT or V6) either way you will love the car...
Just please dont be one of those people who buy a v6 then 6 months later go thru the hassle of trading it in to get a GT
Old 04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

The V6 vert sounds perfect for you, I saw a couple out there today. It's got enough power for a little fun every now and then, but it's solid cruising car for sure. Save the money, you'll be fine.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

I'm a vert owner. The Mustang as a convertible is amazing.

I thought about getting the V6 before I ended up with the V8 that I have now; I can't recommend the V8 enough. The car feels ridiculously heavy with the V6 engine compared to the V8. That, and it's not $7-$9k like you said above. Really, the engine is only about $3k more. When you factor in the stuff that comes standard on the GT that doesn't come standard on the V6, like oh...I dunno...ANTI-LOCK BRAKES, TRACTION CONTROL, PASSENGER SIDE AIRBAGS...the price difference really drops. Price the V6 with the stuff that comes standard on the V8 to get a true comparison.

And that's all before you get into resale value.

But anyway...enough digression. Get the Mustang 'Vert. You'll love it.

Quick Reply: Should I buy 2006 V6 Mustang Convertible?