Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yes or no about shelby gt rocker stripes

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
gjs14
2nd Gear Member

Default yes or no about shelby gt rocker stripes

im working on a 05 gt mustang and have most of the shelby parts, hood scoop,front bumper,side scoop, powerd by ford emblensex...... and my car is silver, I would like to put flat black shelby gt side stripes on but I need to know how tallthe rocker stripeare and how long and tall the shelby gt is in the rocker stripe. This post was in the shelby form but I got alot of S**T for it

what do u all think? yes on the shelby rocker stripes or no it is not a shelby so dont do it.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:02 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: yes or no about shelby gt rocker stripes

do it. it's your car. and you took it this far, may as well go all the way, over the top, nothing wrong w/ that
Old 04-07-2008, 11:13 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

just put blank rocker stripes on.. no need in labeling the car as a shelby if it's not
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
gjs14
2nd Gear Member

why not?

people do 65,66,67 mustang fastbacksin to shelbys all day long and thay dont get s**t for it so why is doing a 05,06,07 shleby gtcloneso bad?

I dont know what i will do but I will post pic after I get the car back from the shop.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

just put blank rocker stripes on.. no need in labeling the car as a shelby if it's not
+1[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Like I said in your other thread, do what you want. Don't be worried about being called a poser.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:57 AM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

I know this is probably stupid logic, but I would not take a 05-08 non Shelby GT and turn it into a Shelby GT. I agree with the other poster, just put on the blank stripes or do what I did and go with something they aren't making currently.

My car is a tribute to the GT350 which is not currently in production. If Shelby was putting out GT350 cars currently, I would remove the GT350 and replace it with something more unique or just plain stripes.

At the end of the day, it's your car so do what you want to with it. If what other people think actually bothers you, then you shouldn't do it. If you don't give a ratz azz what people think, then do it!

Apex
Old 04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

anybody see the barrett-jackson auction where they auctioned off a pair of mustang GT supersnake clones from the knight rider show? the pair went for$300k. thats 150k for a car that maybe cost less than 40k to build. that's one heck of a mark up for a clone. maybe cloning aint so bad.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

anybody see the barrett-jackson auction where they auctioned off a pair of mustang GT supersnake clones from the knight rider show? the pair went for$300k. thats 150k for a car that maybe cost less than 40k to build. that's one heck of a mark up for a clone. maybe cloning aint so bad.
They went that high because they were part of the show.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ApexStang

I know this is probably stupid logic, but I would not take a 05-08 non Shelby GT and turn it into a Shelby GT. I agree with the other poster, just put on the blank stripes or do what I did and go with something they aren't making currently.

My car is a tribute to the GT350 which is not currently in production. If Shelby was putting out GT350 cars currently, I would remove the GT350 and replace it with something more unique or just plain stripes.

At the end of the day, it's your car so do what you want to with it. If what other people think actually bothers you, then you shouldn't do it. If you don't give a ratz azz what people think, then do it!

Apex
why, you put forth imagination and effort into your car and you're saying that you would rip all of that off if ford decided to put out a GT-350??? I would leave it on and have bragging rights that you thought of it before ford did...

i say go for it...personally, i would make sure that i had plenty of power to back it up though...dont want something that says shelby getting dusted by a stock 350Z or cobalt SS or something...now that would be embarrasing

Quick Reply: yes or no about shelby gt rocker stripes