Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUNDAY 4/06/08 WAS A VERY SAD DAY!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
kaihila
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SUNDAY 4/06/08 WAS A VERY SAD DAY!

Glad everyone's okay. I myself have totaled two '05 Mustangs and I know how you feel.. It's a horrible sight to see your car totaled. But again, everyone's okay~!!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: reeflover

I have grave news for you guys. My once beautiful tungsten gray convertable have been reduced to a pile of scrap metal. My wife and I were coming home from a weekend away in Tampa. It was raining very hard and wewere driving slow. The rain started to let up my wife was driving while I was resting. She told me that she wanted to go around some slower traffic and proceded to pass some cars that were doing about 35mph. Everything was fine. She passed a coupler of cars and the nextvehicle was a large RV towing a car. A she approched the RV, I noticed a large wetpatch ofwaterjust in front. I said to be careful and before I could say slow down the rear came loose in a violent way. It immediatley slammed us into the driver side rear of the RV on the driver side front of my car. As soon as it made contactmy car did a180 and slammed the RV again in the driver side rear. Then we spun out of control for what seemed to be an eternity doing two more 360's until we came to rest on the oppisite side of the road facing the direction we were originally going. It all happened so fastwe were in total shock. The airbags came out upon impact which made the sound that much more dramatic when we hit. I have never experienced an airbag before and not knowing tried to push it out of the way and got 2nd degree burns on my left hand. As for the burns on my handand my wife has slight case of wip lash, we are ok thank theLord! The car is a total loss. It pushed the motor back toward the fire wall about 4". The first impact blew off the hood and totally crushed the right side front including cracking the supercharger neck. It makes me sick to see my car that way but I am soooo gald know one got seriously hurt. It could have been so much worse if we would have flipped over. I am very lucky to have purchasedgap insurance so my car should be paid for. I was at the car today taking off some parts I know I would not get credit for from the insurance. I will have a list of parts I will have for sale soon. What really hurts is I just put on the matching deep dish bullit rims on the fronton friday with brand new Nitto Extremes 275/45/18. Oh well.I have already started to think about my next car, but it is going to be a while before I can afford to do anything. My words of advise about this whole ordeal is do not run drag radials on an everyday driver. The traction is great on dry pavement,but it is not worth the risk in the wet weather. Live and learn!

[IMG]local://upfiles/75574/5EE770A499F34043BAA965CBDFEE83F4.jpg[/IMG]
Your wife was driving your supercharged car with drag radials in the rain trying to pass an RV towing a car? You're lucky to be alive and so is the driver of the RV.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: smythge

ORIGINAL: reeflover

I have grave news for you guys. My once beautiful tungsten gray convertable have been reduced to a pile of scrap metal. My wife and I were coming home from a weekend away in Tampa. It was raining very hard and wewere driving slow. The rain started to let up my wife was driving while I was resting. She told me that she wanted to go around some slower traffic and proceded to pass some cars that were doing about 35mph. Everything was fine. She passed a coupler of cars and the nextvehicle was a large RV towing a car. A she approched the RV, I noticed a large wetpatch ofwaterjust in front. I said to be careful and before I could say slow down the rear came loose in a violent way. It immediatley slammed us into the driver side rear of the RV on the driver side front of my car. As soon as it made contactmy car did a180 and slammed the RV again in the driver side rear. Then we spun out of control for what seemed to be an eternity doing two more 360's until we came to rest on the oppisite side of the road facing the direction we were originally going. It all happened so fastwe were in total shock. The airbags came out upon impact which made the sound that much more dramatic when we hit. I have never experienced an airbag before and not knowing tried to push it out of the way and got 2nd degree burns on my left hand. As for the burns on my handand my wife has slight case of wip lash, we are ok thank theLord! The car is a total loss. It pushed the motor back toward the fire wall about 4". The first impact blew off the hood and totally crushed the right side front including cracking the supercharger neck. It makes me sick to see my car that way but I am soooo gald know one got seriously hurt. It could have been so much worse if we would have flipped over. I am very lucky to have purchasedgap insurance so my car should be paid for. I was at the car today taking off some parts I know I would not get credit for from the insurance. I will have a list of parts I will have for sale soon. What really hurts is I just put on the matching deep dish bullit rims on the fronton friday with brand new Nitto Extremes 275/45/18. Oh well.I have already started to think about my next car, but it is going to be a while before I can afford to do anything. My words of advise about this whole ordeal is do not run drag radials on an everyday driver. The traction is great on dry pavement,but it is not worth the risk in the wet weather. Live and learn!

[IMG]local://upfiles/75574/5EE770A499F34043BAA965CBDFEE83F4.jpg[/IMG]
Your wife was driving your supercharged car with drag radials in the rain trying to pass an RV towing a car? You're lucky to be alive and so is the driver of the RV.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

So scary, I was in a near fatal accident once in the rain. I was just glad to make it alive. I'm so glad you guys were unscathed.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

I am sorry that that happened. It's one of those unfortunate things that we don't want to happen but sometimes does. I think it could have been prevented, though, based on what you're saying about the weather conditions and the car's setup at the time of the accident. I'm glad you two are fine. You're very lucky to have gotten out of there okay.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

The car can be replaced..good to hear your alright.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Dude, car we can replace...its sad when it happens, but we can...people we cannot....sooo...you are both OK and that's all it matters in this whole wide world....now go get yourselves a GT500....
Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Glad everyone is ok...
Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I'm glad to hear you and your better half came out unharmed, But as you say, live and learn. These cars really don't fare well on wet roads.

As far as the Car.........
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar
I'm glad to hear you and your better half came out unharmed, But as you say, live and learn. These cars really don't fare well on wet roads.

As far as the Car.........
+1
cars can be replaced people can't but its still sad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SUNDAY 4/06/08 WAS A VERY SAD DAY!