Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting cervinis kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:55 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Painting cervinis kit

ORIGINAL: pascal

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

The total paint and install price for my parts, including my painted stripes was $2000.
I guess it pays to be a cute girl.
I'm thinkin!! I had the side exhaust, side scoops, convertible bar, tonneau covers, anetnna shaved, washers shaved, and matte black stripes done, a custom stereo enclosure, and it was $6300... $6307.50 to be exact...
Old 04-12-2008, 03:08 PM
boomer123
3rd Gear Member

haha yeah thats a sh*tload. If i can get stripes done and everything painted for 2g like saddleup, i would definitely do that. But right now it looks like im going to be painting it myself for about 300.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:18 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I'm not so sure he thought I was so cute after I kept checking in with him to see when he would finally get it done!!! (I am so patient, I hear!! ) Took him three weeks, which wasn't bad at all, but it just seemed like forever!!!

I'm thinking it was more of just an underestimation perhaps, on his part, for the amount of work involved??

After hearing some of these other figures, I am thinking I did ok!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

I'm not so sure he thought I was so cute after I kept checking in with him to see when he would finally get it done!!! (I am so patient, I hear!! ) Took him three weeks, which wasn't bad at all, but it just seemed like forever!!!

I'm thinking it was more of just an underestimation perhaps, on his part, for the amount of work involved??

I'm thinking we need to see pictures of the car AND you to be certain of that.

Bryan
Old 04-13-2008, 03:09 PM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Mine took 4 weks and was 3100. to install and paint. I had the whole car painted when he did the stripes so everything would match/ the hood was fiberglas and the parts were poly. my body guy did sanding and filling but had to experiment with primers that would stick-bond with the front spoiler. he was real worried because the plastic retained so much oil.It turned out ok but I chickened out on the side scoops. Double stick tape on an open part? Na Ill hold off until I can buy or make something to dam off the air flow tp theses side scoops.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:23 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andretti

I'm thinking we need to see pictures of the car AND you to be certain of that.

Bryan
I've never claimed to be cute.....not once, but I do think my car looks pretty decent!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:34 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ybnormal

Mine took 4 weks and was 3100. to install and paint. I had the whole car painted when he did the stripes so everything would match/ the hood was fiberglas and the parts were poly. my body guy did sanding and filling but had to experiment with primers that would stick-bond with the front spoiler. he was real worried because the plastic retained so much oil.It turned out ok but I chickened out on the side scoops. Double stick tape on an open part? Na Ill hold off until I can buy or make something to dam off the air flow tp theses side scoops.
Ahhh.. Don't chicken out about em. I have them on my car, and they've stayed on to 100+.. Not even the smallest bit loose. Just make sure to use the adhesion promoter, and they're all good. I was worried at first too, but my body guy told me to knock it off.. He stuck em on, and they look as good as they hold. The speedster cover, now, THAT piece of **** is a different story...
Old 04-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Saddleup your car is awesome!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
boomer123
3rd Gear Member

saddleup i hope my car looks as good as yours when im done in like 3 weeks! great lookin car!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

saddleup does your car have red interior?

Quick Reply: Painting cervinis kit