Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best

I think that the pioneer setup looks pretty bad ***, but its kinda expensive, how much was the install on that? looks hella cool though
Old 04-12-2008, 12:32 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Double dins are always more expensive. Having the iPod integration (with no add-on requied), sat radio ready, hd radio ready, etc... makes it well worth it. I installed it myself. It was very easy.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I can't say enough good things about the unit I got off Ebay from Integrated Solutions. This unit gives complete control of the Ipod from the radio, works with Shaker 500 and 1000 and is easy to install. The guy has 100% feedback from over 6500 people. I installed mine in 45 minutes, and I bought the one with an XM radio receiver, so I have sat radio now as well. The Ipod sits in my glove box and I never see it.

This is an awsome unit
http://tinyurl.com/6bvben

Here is the one with IPod and XM. Full control of XM from the radio.
http://tinyurl.com/5qr6dj

Old 04-12-2008, 12:55 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db
+1
and I dont need ABS to modulate
my brakes, Traction Control to help
me drive when its slippery, AutoDoorLock,
TPMS, seatbelt reminder, ActiveAlarmand
the list goes on and on......
Those features are for soccer moms who need help driving.
Or for intelligent people who know no human can brake as effectively as ABS in low grip situations....
Old 04-12-2008, 04:49 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

I don't have a problem with ABS. I did at first. I still don't care for it in the snow, though. But everything else, I agree, is garbage. Let me check my own tires. It cost me darn near $200 more to get new wheels and tires because I had to buy new bands and have the stupid sensors transferred. The way I see it, if the government is making us have this, then tire shops should do it for free and get reimbursed at the end of the year. If it's not an option, I shouldn't have to pay for it.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

I can't say enough good things about the unit I got off Ebay from Integrated Solutions. This unit gives complete control of the Ipod from the radio, works with Shaker 500 and 1000 and is easy to install. The guy has 100% feedback from over 6500 people. I installed mine in 45 minutes, and I bought the one with an XM radio receiver, so I have sat radio now as well. The Ipod sits in my glove box and I never see

I'd have to say I was pretty interested in this unit after pulling up the link.....but alas, it too has a major shortcoming (in my eyes). If you read down a bit it says that if you use the radio controls to control the iPod, you have to remember to disconnect it when you get out of the car or the iPod will continue to run.......I see this as a huge deal.... I dont want to have to remember to take the time to "disconnect" and "reconnect" the iPod every time I get into and out of my car. I can guarentee I'd forget and end up having to pull over just to reconnect it (my ipod goes in the dashboard so I cant reach it while driving). Thats just not acceptable for me. Thats why I have the second iPod....so it can always stay in the car unless I'm adding music and stay connected.

I'd have to say at this point, I'll still be adding the brandmotion one when I get back around to it. But thanks for linking that. Thats the closest one I've seen to what I expect the converter to do short of the brandmotion one.

Bryan
Old 04-12-2008, 06:13 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I've had that PIE adapted which installs into the back of your system since December with zero issues. Sound quality is superb. I got it installed at Best Buy for $20 after I failed at installing it myself (lol).
Old 04-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

I've had that PIE adapted which installs into the back of your system since December with zero issues. Sound quality is superb. I got it installed at Best Buy for $20 after I failed at installing it myself (lol).
I hope for your sake its the "revamped" version. The originial one I had last year tried to fry my dash board in the car......Simply put, thats unacceptable. Didnt give me problems from the time I installed it for over a year and a half (at least 6 months of that was two winters storing it) till one day it totally screwed up every warning light on the entire car including Traction control AND ABS. As soon as it was pulled from the car I have had zero problems since and even PIE at the time did a recall on them citing that yes, it was causing these problems.

I'd certainly keep an eye on it if I were you.

Bryan
Old 04-12-2008, 07:27 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

Itoo like the OP am very interested in integrating my ipod directly to the shaker 500. I pulled the trigger on the brandmotion earlier this week. got it friday and installed it friday (with the assistance of my 10-year old son, which is cool.) I can say that I can not give a ringing endorsement of this unit for at least two reasons:

1: non-digital songs (ala converted to mp3/4 whatever) almost always cause a skip when the song starts. digital songsseem fine.
2: navigation of the ipod via the HU has a LOT ( and I mean a lot) to be desired.

It is just too tiresome to write it all up here, but lets say I WILL be calling Brandmotion on Monday to discuss the performance of the unit with them. Not what I would expect for the price.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Exactly why I went ahead and just replaced the head unit. I've heard many problems with all the different adapters out there. Better sound quality and matching my gauges was an added bonus. But for $100 more than the Brandmotion adapter, it was most definitely worth it.

Hope everything works out for you.

Quick Reply: Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best