Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Default Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best

I have heard so many different things on hooking an ipod up through the sterero and getting transmitters and crap. Who here has one of these that they think is the best?

-Personally I think the Trip Tunes, that installs directly on the car is pretty sweet....

-Sound Quality?
-Ease of Use?
-Price?
-Difficulty to install?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best

Don't know anything about the adapters, but I just installed the Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Not only does it have great iPod integration, but it sounds much better than the Shaker 500 and matches the blue MyColor gauges perfectly.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...p;i=130P8000BT
Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I didn't want to buy an intergration unit and pull my stereo, rewire, etc. So this is what I'm using and the sound quality is awesome! It has a really cool feature thaat auto tunes a clear station for you.

http://www.theistore.com/belkin_tune...od?model_id=65

Also, when I'm not using it I just put it in the center console. Look ma no wires!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The search function is your friend
https://mustangforums.com/m_4278805/tm.htm
This was covered a couple of weeks ago

w/o satalite http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...mp;SortOrder=1

w/ satalite http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...mp;SortOrder=2
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

I didn't want to buy an intergration unit and pull my stereo, rewire, etc. So this is what I'm using and the sound quality is awesome! It has a really cool feature thaat auto tunes a clear station for you.

http://www.theistore.com/belkin_tune...od?model_id=65

Also, when I'm not using it I just put it in the center console. Look ma no wires!
Look ma, no sound quality either!
We went from analog vinyl to 8-tracks to cassettes
to digital CD quality 44KHz sampling rate to
lousy compressed-until-there-is-noting-left MP3s
{girly voice} so we can send them over the internet. {/girly voice}
Whats wrong with this world?
And now the MP3which $uck$ to start withanddowngrading
itonce again by the limitations of FM radio standards for
listening in our "everything has to be the best" Stangs.
Stay with the superiorCDs andsave the MP3 players for the gym.
Never heard of a CD crashing and loosing all my music files.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

The sound from my iPod is quite a bit better than CD. I guess it depends on your source for MP3. But I agree, running them through FM is horrible. To get the best sound from your iPod, you need a direct line from the dock connector. If you have an '07+, you can get a dock to 3.5mm cable and connect to the aux port. Otherwise you're best off with buying a radio with built in iPod controls. That's what I did. It was only $100 more than that integration unit mentioned above, and the sound quality is far superior to the Shaker 500.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

Don't know anything about the adapters, but I just installed the Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Not only does it have great iPod integration, but it sounds much better than the Shaker 500 and matches the blue MyColor gauges perfectly.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...p;i=130P8000BT
I clicked on your link out of interest. I didnt even make it past the first part of the details before I had to stop:

General features:[*]CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)[*]plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files (will not play Digital Rights-protected music files)[*]3-line display with blue LCD display[*]remote control

Personally, I dont need big brother to "decide" for me what I can play and what I cannot. There may not be enough explination to really describe what that means, but on the same hand, it doesnt explain and clarify enough why that would be ok either. I dont need a "V" chip on my TV to decide what is "suitable" to let my kids watch, and I dont need a cd player to "decide" for me what is appropriate to listen to either.

/pass

Bryan
Old 04-12-2008, 10:31 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Andretti

Personally, I dont need big brother to "decide" for me what I can play and what I cannot. There may not be enough explination to really describe what that means, but on the same hand, it doesnt explain and clarify enough why that would be ok either. I dont need a "V" chip on my TV to decide what is "suitable" to let my kids watch, and I dont need a cd player to "decide" for me what is appropriate to listen to either.
+1
and I dont need ABS to modulate
my brakes, Traction Control to help
me drive when its slippery, AutoDoorLock,
TPMS, seatbelt reminder, ActiveAlarmand
the list goes on and on......
Those features are for soccer moms who need help driving.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:19 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

What that means is that you can't take music from Napster or other rights protected media, throw it on a disc, and play it. It has no way to gain access to the license. The sole purpose of DRM is that you download it directly to your device (whether it's an MP3 player or harddrive) and it can be played there and only there, or that you cannot copy a CD. It's not Pioneer crippling what you can and cannot do. It's Pioneer disclosing what they are able/not able to do. I don't personally know of any in dash receivers that say they actually play DRM. There may be some out there, I don't know. Pioneer was just being thorough and saying that they don't. DRM was short lived in the CD format, and no major publishing companies are manufacturing CD's with DRM. If you purchase a lot of CD's, you may come across one or two with DRM if they were purchased a couple of years ago, but you are not likely to come across any.

In any event, if you're purchasing a radio because it has iPod integration, how often are you going to use CD's? And on the off chance that you do, what are the odds that the CD will have DRM?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
jimronh

Take A look at this one. Mine just arrived yesterday. Simple install.

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-192-8...frd04-aux.aspx

Call these guiys and they will answer any questions you have, they were really helpful

Taking the head unit out is very easy simple 2 plug install into Shaker System. Install is a no brainer. Someplace on this form are the factory PDF's for doing this job. I copied them. Can't remember who posted them. They were copys from the ford shop manual

Quick Reply: Ipod Uplink Kits? Which one is best