Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new autometer guages and pods install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 AM
boomer123
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: new autometer guages and pods install with pics

i have the same 3 gauges set up as you in my car, It was a pain to install, had a lil problem with the oil pressure and oil temp, but i know how that install can be a real bi*ch...so GOOD JOB it looks great. I screwed mine into my dash with a fabricated piece of steel i screwed to the dash pod. It couldnt be anymore sturdy, only think that bugs me is that on the passenger side of the pod it doesnt fit exactly flush with the dash.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

dude that interior is so crazy holy **** lol, i bet that all the flashy lights would give me a seizure. Those gauges look so badass, well done bro, screw that dude for dissing it, i think your work payed off
Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Not my cup of tea but aslong as you enjoy it.[sm=itsok.gif]
Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 AM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

Dude you have really put alot ofeffort in your car, I would love to see some whole car photos.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

thanks, but most of the peeps on this forum dont like it. not that i care though. its actually amusing.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:39 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

how did u install the water temp and oil pressure guage?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

do a search on this forum and you will find out how you can install them.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Very nice. Well done

You have personalized your car, the way you like it. Not everybody is going to approve or want toduplicate your efforts. The important thing is that we all get a chance to see what can be done andwhat products (often brand new) are out there, and how they look after install. That's what this community is all about...sharing ideas and experiences.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Here is a pic of the SOS gauge center. I wouldn't silicone the Autometer down, I think you'll end up switching it at some point as I did. I have a SOS A-pillar to replace the one I have now. Just had to do a little bodywork before I could get it installed.

I thought the Autometer was a little cheap too. However, after only a little while it got worse![:@] If your like me you won't be able to take it for too long! I had to put my hand on it to stop it from rattling while I was driving!!!![:@]

Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Here is a pic of the SOS gauge center. I wouldn't silicone the Autometer down, I think you'll end up switching it at some point as I did. I have a SOS A-pillar to replace the one I have now. Just had to do a little bodywork before I could get it installed.

I thought the Autometer was a little cheap too. However, after only a little while it got worse![:@] If your like me you won't be able to take it for too long! I had to put my hand on it to stop it from rattling while I was driving!!!![:@]

I saw earlier in the thread you use to have the other type of center dash cluster (the one mounted on the top of the dash). You said it warped and you had to replace it do to that and the rattle it was making. I'm curious.....was it not a situation that you coudnt modify it not to rattle or were you just **** full of it by that point and didnt care to make it work? When I do my supercharger I really wanted to use that type of dash mount (I'm just not really a fan of the other styles that I've seen thus far) and I'm wondering if its a no win situation and I should just give up on it now (I'm no where close to the supercharger at this point anyway). What brand was the old one anyway?

Thanks for any info.

Bryan

Quick Reply: new autometer guages and pods install with pics