Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger gurus needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 01:46 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default supercharger gurus needed!!

I have a friend with a fast supra and he tells me that the mustang CAN NOT be reliable with a supercharger! I told him hes full of it.. but he was talking about compression and cylinders. can someone please give me a general run down of how it can be reliable.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger gurus needed!!

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I have a friend with a fast supra and he tells me that the mustang CAN NOT be reliable with a supercharger! I told him hes full of it.. but he was talking about compression and cylinders. can someone please give me a general run down of how it can be reliable.
He's a dumbass. You just need forged internals if you're going to run big boost. 7-8 psi with stock everything and you should be fine. You should also be wiping the floor with his supra.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:00 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

but do I really need forged internals if I left the boost where the SC kits set them at? and which internals will I need to upgrade to lay into it? .. even with the sc I dont think I can beat him.. this guys dont everything to his car.. single turbo.. he got to be clost to 600... but.. I have a better paint job and the SHAKER 500
Old 04-15-2005, 03:20 AM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

he sounds like an idiot. one of those guys who thinks that only j@p engines can take psi. if he is 600 hp with only 1 turbo hes has turbo lag all to hell. has he actually dynoed it or is that bs tuner HP?

sounds like he was talking about the compression ratio. if he said that its to high he is an idiot.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:23 AM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

but do I really need forged internals if I left the boost where the SC kits set them at? and which internals will I need to upgrade to lay into it? .. even with the sc I dont think I can beat him.. this guys dont everything to his car.. single turbo.. he got to be clost to 600... but.. I have a better paint job and the SHAKER 500
read what he said, you need forged IF YOUR GOING ABOVE 6-8 psi
Old 04-15-2005, 03:31 AM
qutec2005

An 05 3V motor should be able to take boost better than a higher compression 2 or 4V motor.

Your friend may be trying to guide you, but for a supercharged 3V application, let Paxton, Procharger or the god Kenne Bell be your guide!

MY stang turns into a 2.2L KB Supra killer in June! 12psi on track, 9 psi daily driver

Line them up, then after the race, talk ****.

I beat a guy in a 93 GT by over 20 car lengths! People think that their car my be fast, but let the racing results be the judge.

Qutec
Old 04-15-2005, 03:27 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I think your right.. I should get the SC. and beat his but(or try) haha.. and If I'm doing to 10 years from now that he will be wrong .. I guess what I was looking for was something technical to shove in his face and say seee!! haha.. screw it.. its my car... now I just need mroe money
Old 04-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

even with the sc I dont think I can beat him.. this guys dont everything to his car.. single turbo.. he got to be clost to 600
Supra's are just dyno queens.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:59 PM
kcshaner

ORIGINAL: n4ggs

he sounds like an idiot. one of those guys who thinks that only j@p engines can take psi. if he is 600 hp with only 1 turbo hes has turbo lag all to hell. has he actually dynoed it or is that bs tuner HP?

sounds like he was talking about the compression ratio. if he said that its to high he is an idiot.
Supras with a single turbo will make much more power up top while maintaining a similar low RPM boost #'s, with a properly sized turbo driveability is even better. Supras can make sick power but they suck at launching....I have seen 1/4 numbers where they run 11's with nearly a 140mph trap speed!

I raced a TT Supra and it had around 775 RWHP (he has since gone with a single set up and is almost at 1,000 at the rear wheels...its sick) and won one and lost one (I am only at 570RWHP) they are really not set up for the strip.

As far as a blower goes IMO DON NOT GO OVER 8 LBS OF BOOST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure its intercooled or you run a water/methonal injection to cool down the air charge, get larger (approximately 42lb) injectors, and get a Walbro fuel pump or add a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump to your factory pump. Then get a safe tune and keep the boost down and you can drive it forever.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:26 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Sweet thanks.. I was looking at the procharger with the 3-core intercooler and I think it comes with the 43lbs injectors.. I figure that and a little pop of Zex should be ok [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: supercharger gurus needed!!