Unpleasant dealer experience - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #11  
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Unpleasant dealer experience

I wish all rattles were a simple fix.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #12  
Scotts197GT

OK .. some of you are missing the two points I made (see earlier post about attitude, and "other dealer" comment)

Whether it was boneheaded or whatever - I'll say it again - I acknowledged the point the advisor made about necessity of test driving a rattle issue and said I'd risk having to bring it in again. I and he (apparently at that time) agreed to that - was OK with it and realized the risk

I just didn't take kindly for the tech advisor jumpin my *** when I took it in again.
Scotts197GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #13  
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Noone is defending his *emotional* reaction or his out of line comments.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #14  
rlh6805
1st Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Going for broke

You are the perfect example of why you should take your car back to the dealer you bought it from. What you experienced is not uncommon.
1.) As far as the survey anything less then 100% is not acceptable. I think it's retarded it has to be that way but that is how it is.
2.) not letting them drive the car was a bonehead move for sure.. how can they be sure they have fixed the car if they can't try to replicate the problem. I agree wholehardetly wth the sevice advisor.. you ripped him on the survey on something that could of been remedied had you only let them drive your car. I mean come on it's a mustang not an Enzo...

My guess would be the same service manager that apoligized to you is the same guy that ripped your advisor for the poor survey.
I have a dealership in a small town and I see it all the time where peoplpe will sell you out to a larger volume store for $50 in savings and then want you to drop everything and fix their car ahead of everyone elses.
X2
rlh6805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #15  
kingdong6515
1st Gear Member

I see way too much sympathy for the stealerships here. I understand what a PIA customer does to a business--and with many other businesses I might have a little more sympathy for the company. But in this day and age of over-inflated car prices and underskilled techs/service depts/salesmen this has to happen. There should be a better way to handle this problem, and it starts with informing the dealerships' employess about the products and services they are paid to sell. It's amazing that you can research a vehicle on the internet and then have a hard time finding a salesman that knows as much as you do about that particular vehicle. Most of my dealership service dept visits have been less than satisfactory (even after cutting some slack), and this includes both Ford and GM. Maybe those surveys are the company's way of attempting to remedy the poor performance of dealerships. Why would I ask you to fix something only after I give you five stars for satisfaction that should've been "five-star-worthy" the first time?? Fix it right the first time or deal with the unsatisfactory rating. If it's between the customer and the dealership paying for the greed and laziness of a car company--I'd stand by the customer any day of the week. We're not talking about messing up an order at Taco Bell at three AM...
kingdong6515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #16  
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

I've been to still water ford many times. I will say this, they recently fired a bunch of the salesman for being scam artists and ****ing ********. The service department is average, the only thing good they have going on is that waiting lounge. Free jumbo hot dogs cookies etc etc nice tvs.. Very nice. I would recommend you goto Inver Grove Ford next time for service. Not the best waiting area, but the advisors and mechanics are good guys and let you go back in the shop and show you whats going on and everything you could possibly want out of a dealership. They have fixed rattles for me, done many other things and it seems they go out of their way to prevent me from having to take money out of my own pocket.
oshkoshbajawsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #17  
oakman
2nd Gear Member

I agree you should have taken the test drive with them - you learned from that. I hate the way they treated you - no excuse. Isn't it amazing how Ford spends tons of money to promote their image, get you into the dealership and then put all of that in the hands of a jerk service writer, parts guy or salesman and they cheat their dealership out of thousands of dollars of potential sales and most of all good customer loyalty. But they don't seem to learn and keep on doing it. By the way, all companies do that. That service writer has lost sight of what his true mission is and how your customer satisfaction impacts his job.

I bought my GT at a dealership15 miles outside ofHoustonbut get it serviced at a different dealership by my house. Been treated well when I take it in - no questions asked about where I bought it.
oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #18  
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Ford isn't the only company that has issues with their salesman understanding their own products. That issue reaches across all types of different markets and products.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #19  
Novelty goat

Any negative on one of those surveys is an automatic "fail" for the dealer. Between that, and you not wanting them to drive the car, I would have not wanted your business again. They tried to take care of you and you screwed them over. Sorry, but I am with the dealer on this one.
Novelty goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #20  
rock61992
1st Gear Member

Thats why you gotta have a brother-in-lawthats a senior master auto tech. Every time i've taken the car in i get to see and help him out in the shop, not to mention going on GT500 and Ford GT "test drives"[sm=drooldude.gif]

but i can understand your unease in letting him test drive it, you should have just gone with him
rock61992 is offline   Reply With Quote