Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How come so many people go for Off-road X and H pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: How come so many people go for Off-road X and H pipes?

I love the sound but I also have heard that taking the cats off do not contribute to power gain that much, if any. Some have said that a bit of torque is lost. Changing to an x with the cats, I heard, is the way to go. My friend has the cat-less x on his with his JBA's. It was really loud. We put the stock mufflers on until we could find a solution, and that ended up being our solution. It sounds great like this. I am just not too fond of that beautiful aroma.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

I am just not too fond of that beautiful aroma.
What Mellow, you dont like the idea of breathing in a little of the Hydrocarbons-Nitrogen Oxides-Carbon Dioxide-Carbon Monoxide essence!!! LOL j/k.....couldnt resist!!! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

I am just not too fond of that beautiful aroma.
What Mellow, you dont like the idea of breathing in a little of the Hydrocarbons-Nitrogen Oxides-Carbon Dioxide-Carbon Monoxide essence!!! LOL j/k.....couldnt resist!!! [sm=lol.gif]

I would never dis-respect youand when I was younger and before my kids, the first thing that came off were my cats, but the last cruise we went we took my buddies car and the smell isnt so bad on short stints, but after 150 miles of cruising in a day, I couldnt get the smell out of my nose. But its all good. Ill never flame anyone for going either way. Hell, Ill have a cigarette or 2 or 3 or 4 .........on any given occasion, especially Mustang meets.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dorsil

The reason im asking is, if we have the option of Power adders that are safer for the enviroment, what is the obsession with going with the offroad option?

Im by no means out to save the world but it just makes more sense to have fun with our sport while being considerate.

Before I get flamed which im sure will happen, my technical question is. what is the real benifit to using an offroad pipe over an onroad?
You don't buy a mustang and worry about air pollution, you get a prius or ride a bike.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

I've switched to florescant bulbs in my home. That does more for the environment than both of my cars running off road exhaust hurts.
Obviously you can't back that up with any reall data, but I reconsidered an offroad H after hearing some people say it causes an obnoxious odor. I hate being behind jackasses with a stinking/smoking car, so making my car stink would be hypocritical.