Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ran 140mph and had more with 3:55's 5sp trans

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:01 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I ran 140mph and had more with 3:55's 5sp trans

ORIGINAL: Going for broke

ORIGINAL: ryanralston07

I've been at 145 before with my dad in the car and it was just ridiculous fast for an interstate or really anywhere but an airstrip, and I NEVER plan to go that fast EVER again and neither does my dad. We were actually on a part of highway that was being closed in a little while so there was no traffic ahead or behind us and it was a mile long straight away...we had my mom drive ahead and tell us about traffic too to make sure it was safeI'd hate to have a tire blow at that speed, hit something in the road, something come into the road and have to DODGE it, have to break suddenly, or just ACCIDENTLY move the steering wheel too much and wreck (big chance of death at that speed). I say suck it up about not going super fast...I mean it's not how fast you can go really it's how QUICK you can get to a certain speed, but ONLY at the track because you could kill yourself, passenger, or people in another car all because you wanted to feel "cool." Oh...by the way I am about to be 19, never had a ticket, caused an accident, or got in trouble because I think. If I'm 19 and am more mature than you on this then that's saying something about you. Yes that was a flame because it's ridiculous for people to die all for a rush of adrenaline...[:@]

145 is a joke.. Cars are a joke for top speed honestly. unless you get into something exotic
I've been 170 in the 1/4 mile literally hundreds of times. that is the bestvenue for going fast (controlledtrack) but don't think that things can't happen there. Deer can (and have)run across the track in front of me.. someone can change lanes into you, oil down on track etc...
There aren't any guarantees in life. I don't know if you seen or not but no one died in this instance. You can die at 30 the same as you can at 130.
I've been over 200 mph several times and let me tell you, you haven't lived til you've done that IMO. I did in on a public road late at night with no traffic in my lane. I made it as safe as I possibly could for those around me. Smart move?? probaly not but it went off several times and no one got hurt. Speed does kill but so does stupidity.
You can go fast smartly and you can go slow and still be an idiot. YOU as a driver make that decision.
Well I'm glad you have the experience to know what to do and when, but there's other people that think they can do things and then end up getting hurt. Going down a track is a total different story than doing this on a public street/highway. You are right that you can die at 30 just like at 130, but at higher speeds your reaction time lessens and you never know what someone else might do as far as driving, or what could happen to your car. I love going fast just as much as the other guy and I plan on building my car up for around 650rwhp and keeping it a DD, but there are dragstrips, road courses, circuits, and other places that are the places where going fast should be limited too...JMHO
Old 04-18-2008, 02:08 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I ran 140mph and had more with 3:55's 5sp trans

ORIGINAL: Gene K

ORIGINAL: ryanralston07

I've been at 145 before with my dad in the car and it was just ridiculous fast for an interstate or really anywhere but an airstripI'd hate to have a tire blow at that speed, hit something in the road, something come into the road and have to DODGE it, have to break suddenly, or just ACCIDENTLY move the steering wheel too much and wreck (big chance of death at that speed). I say suck it up about not going super fast...I mean it's not how fast you can go really it's how QUICK you can get to a certain speed, but ONLY at the track because you could kill yourself, passenger, or people in another car all because you wanted to feel "cool." Oh...by the way I am about to be 19, never had a ticket, caused an accident, or got in trouble because I think. If I'm 19 and am more mature than you on this then that's saying something about you. Yes that was a flame because it's ridiculous for people to die all for a rush of adrenaline...[:@]
Maybe its just that some of us are more experienced?

Ive been over 175 mph in three totally different automotive environments.
One of which was a public roadway.... legally.

Pretty sure experience has nothing to do with it...if you haven't noticed "PROFESSIONAL" drivers that drive every day practicing for racing and handling the car at top speed and handling of the car will STILL WRECK...so experience has nothing to do with it...plus I'm sure they've spent way more time driving and honing their driving skills than any of us have