Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustration sets in, need encouragement

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 PM
22Stang08
1st Gear Member

Default Frustration sets in, need encouragement

Hi All,
Here is my tale of woe. Purchased my Mustang 30 days ago, while making the purchase I notice scratches on the hood, slaes rep say they will take care of it. So I drop it off and when I get it back its snowing out so I can't see the scratches. I figure I will buff them out myself. Then I notice 2 vertical scratches on the drivers doors window. I bring it back to Ford and the take pictures and then tell me they will replace the glass (going there tomorrow) while I'm there I run it into the salesman and vent about the scratches still being there, he drives me over to the detailer and shows him the scratches, the detailer says he will take care of it, so an hour later the scratches are gone but there is a burn mark in the paint (looks like a buffer mark) I will live with that.
So I purchase the Cervinis Window scoops (Eleanore style) my neighbor has a 2000 Stang and he was rear ended a couple of months ago, His paint and body shop did a GREAT job, so I figure I will go there. I go there and they want $300 to paint them (but will install them for free, lol) I know from other posts that I am overpaying but I KNOW I will have piece of mind that it will be perfect....wrong. pitts in the paint, primer showing thru in a couple of places. I refuse to pay them (actually paid $100, felt sorry for the girl at the counter) The GM will call me tomorrow to make it right...I have no confidence in this paint shop anymore.

Today I tried to put the clearbumper lights on my car without jacking it up ...and guess what....I cant get the clips off....lol, I knoew I should not do it in my state of mind. Put the three screws back in and left it alone until I am in a better mood.

Tonight I'm cleaning the passanger window and guess what.....a vertical double scratch on the passanger window.

Boy oh Boy I can't win. I still love my Mustang, in fact the only thing that went right is I discovered Obsessive Detail...their car wash solution is GREAT!

..crying in my beer tonight.
Dave
Old 04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Frustration sets in, need encouragement

Sorry to hear about all the issues. The only way to make me feel good when I'm down is going for a drive! Go out and enjoy that mustang!!! Not after you have that beer though. Haha
Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I would not have settled for the buffer marks from the detailer. Good luck with the scoop painting and take your time with the lights when all is over.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
22Stang08
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. Dealership just called, Stang is ready with the new window. GM from paint shop wants me to go in tomorrow to make the pant job on the scoops 'right'....well see about that one.

D
Old 04-21-2008, 03:17 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

are you talking about the windows being scratched when rolling them up and down?

i thought the 08's fixed that problem.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I believe they did they added some moleskin like felt to the '08's.... so I hear.. when I get tint in a few weeks we will find out
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

my windows are scratched to hell and back. im praying that the windows aren't permanently scratched as sometime soon im going to retint but either buy the ford felt covers or install the moleskin.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
22Stang08
1st Gear Member

Yup 07AlloyGTthats exactally what the problem...was cold in Colorado and didnt roll them down for a little bit, when I did I noticed it. Funny thing is when I brought it to the dealership we actually found some glue in the window tract. They took pictures and sent them to Ford then came back and told me they would replace the window. If they had this problem in the past I guess it explains why I didnt have to argue with them.
Dave
Old 04-21-2008, 03:40 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

interesting. i know once the dealership looks at my windows they're going to crap their pants.

it's brutal to look at.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:44 PM
22Stang08
1st Gear Member

You know I have been happy with Fords quality but the car was 3 weeks old and I get thoses scratches....seemed to me like a fabrication or manafacturing issue. I had a Subaru (dont laugh) for 9 years and never got scratch marks.

Are yougoingto bring yours in07AlloyGT ? Will it be covered under the warranty?
Dave

Quick Reply: Frustration sets in, need encouragement