Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did he beat it to death?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 AM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Did he beat it to death?

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73

i went to chevy dot com and built a maxed out vette with all the options , after sales tax etc it was 91,000 dollars... my house cost 89,000
dammmm! your house cost 89g's?!?!
where do you live???

*edit: why don't you post this in off topic??
Old 04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
tfyzorg2
2nd Gear Member

I cant believe how many people are making jokes about a old guy ripping on this vette..

id feel 100% better buying a used vette than a used mustang..

u know DAMN well a mustang, especially a gt manual, was ripped on at least a few times..

a vette?? I dont know.. probably not so much.. still possible, but definately not as much worry as the mustang
Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

if he's changed the tires i'd be worried, and yeah check the brakes/pads. new stufflike that means hes worried about people thinking its a mess waiting to happen.

theres some old guys that llike to race around. ive got a friend whose dad belts on a custom built shelby cobra. He called up carrol shelby himself and had it built with original parts. hes got some serious connections though, big time business man... but yeah he rips on that 700 hp whenever he can. but he cant take it too fast, itll lift off one it passes up around 160... all aluminum's a bitch...
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

oh yeah... did i mention hes 60?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:06 PM
tfyzorg2
2nd Gear Member

Hmm.. sounds like a cool 60yo LOL!

no but seriously.. The new tires could be a bad thing, or they could possibly be a good thing

I know, for example, my dad when he sells his cars he always buys new tires and a new battery.. he thinks it helps it sell.. i tell him its unneccessary but whatever.. he does what he wants to do
Old 04-21-2008, 07:55 PM
tfyzorg2
2nd Gear Member

oh btw, to the OP.. go on corvetteforums.com if you havent already... register.. and look at the forsale thread..
might find a gem that catches your eye!! (maby a procharged vette for cheap, or who knows! i see tons of stuff all the time)
Old 04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Check for rock chips and see if it still has the stock tires on it. I figured my stang was pretty well off, and the previous owner had to have taken care of her because it had the stock tires on it, and yes they are worn from daily drivingbut not from burning out It was also an old man who traded it in for a mercedes lol
Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

18k is about all your going to get out of a vette tire. I'm not sure but I think the vette run a different rim size front and rear.
either way I'd guess that all of you are a little paranoid about an old guy with a vette.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

check the flap right behind the rear tire. if there are tons of scrapes and rocks lodged into it. you can probably guess that off the line he likes to peel it or likes to burn some tires.

i did one burnout in my car and the panel went from nice and smooth to coarse and rough.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:07 PM
washburn085
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kara

Check for rock chips and see if it still has the stock tires on it. I figured my stang was pretty well off, and the previous owner had to have taken care of her because it had the stock tires on it, and yes they are worn from daily drivingbut not from burning out It was also an old man who traded it in for a mercedes lol
I dunno, mine had 575miles, owner traded it in to the dealership after 2 months for an auto, apparently didn't like the manual. anyway, it has stock tires, but threw the tire sensor message when i turn it on (didn't notice until I got home from the dealer). when i got around to getting the dealership to fix it a few months later... it didnt have the tire pressure bands, which they didnt consider a warranty fix. So I am stuck without them.

In the case of an older man, I am sure the tire check would be ok though.

Quick Reply: Did he beat it to death?