Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Frustration At The Track!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default Complete Frustration At The Track!!!!!!

Im so aggrevated with myself I cant stand it!!!!!![:@]

Granted, I havent had my car tuned on the dyno (that happens this weekend, hopefully), but I had one suck *** night at "Test and Tune" night last night. Havent run my car since I got the 4.10s, headers, and x-pipe. Just for s**ts and grins I headed to our 1/8 track to have some fun.......................WRONG!!! I looked like complete *** out there!! lol

I dont know what Im going to have to do to get a feel for those gears but, dammit, Im so freakin determined that its going to keep me up at night!! lol

1st run was the best (as you can half *** see, sorry about the quality). Launched that b***h hard and hit the rev-limiter right off the bat, in first gear. Of course that messed up hitting second so third and fourth was a waste of time.

2nd run it just went from bad to worse!!! Launched great, hit second, heard a loud pop (dont know what or where the hell thatcame from), she broke loose on me, got me a little twisted; hit third and of course, by that time, it was over!!

DAMMIT, I was so pissed!! And of course, hubby didnt help matters either, got an ear full from him too!! LOL

Can anyone give me some tips that have helped them with a manual and 4.10s???????? I know practice makes perfect but at this point Ill take all I can freakin get. Have a bad *** car that should be hitting in the 8s and the best I can do is a 9.1, whatever!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Complete Frustration At The Track!!!!!!

You running those tires in your sig?? You have to run a tire with some sidewall on it for bite if your running that steep a gear.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Yeah, unfortunately, I am running with the 20s and, believe me, I know that doesnt help my situation but I really think that car can doa lot better then it did. I actually made our mustangs look bad last night!! lol I am going to look into some street slicks or stock knock-offs to run at the track.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

yea picking up a set of 17's and throwing any kind of stickytire on there with a higher profile will certainly help your cause. The lowering kit while good for cornering doesn't do you any favors either because your car isn't transfering weight to the rear as well as it would of stock. 4.10s are a steep gear and you have to make other changes to the car to get them to respond the way you need them to at the track. Good luck
Old 04-21-2008, 10:01 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Thanks for your input!! Looks like a few things that need to happen, along with driver compensation!!! lol
Old 04-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Thanks for your input!! Looks like a few things that need to happen, along with driver compensation!!! lol
Well what happens if you just baby it off the line.. will the car smoke the tires on it's own or is it breaking traction when you drop the clutch? if it will hold traction if you come out easy then I would try that and see what it nets.. if it just smokes the tires when you get up in the revs then your current set-up needs to be altered.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

With all the Info on here about first time drag racing you post this.... You owe us all a beer. If you talked to anyone at the track, hope you told themyours was a gt imposter and was really a 4.0. [8D]
Old 04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I certainly am not getting the tires stickly enough before I stage, that is one of the things Im catching hellfor.

They just recently resurfaced this track. I can dump the clutch and she will hook, no doubt, so Im not spinning too much at all. But, what was weird was the second run, when I slammed into second, she broke loose hard on me and I losttraction and secondstrying to recover her(look at my 60' #s). The second run I launched great (I actually got out quicker then the automatic Infinity I was racing). Its got me all twisted lol There has to be a happy medium (besides driver error lol) that I can find here.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

With all the Info on here about first time drag racing you post this.... You owe us all a beer. If you talked to anyone at the track, hope you told themyours was a gt imposter and was really a 4.0. [8D]
Aww, thanks man, I couldnt feel any better with that response!!!!!! [sm=imsmilin.gif]Sound like someone else I know, but hey, thanks anyway!!! lol
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Trust me, those 20's are hurting you HORIBBLY. My first time at the track i ran with my 20's... and my best was a 13.9, with teh stock 17s and mt et streets i lowered by 60ft by .3 and the car pulled alot harder. i love em

Quick Reply: Complete Frustration At The Track!!!!!!