Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I sell it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can I sell it?

This is why I don't buy used cars. Somebody is going to get screwed.
And seriously, if you have to sell your used SCT because you can't afford to buy a chip for your BMW, you may want to look at the 1 series.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

It would of been very easy to come back the next day to finish the deal and remove the tune out of the car.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

It would of been very easy to come back the next day to finish the deal and remove the tune out of the car.
If you know anything about moddifing a vehicle, you would know I can't put the stock tune back in the stang becauseit will run like crap. Even when you have just a CAI, a tune is needed. Shame on you.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:19 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

If you know anything about moddifing a vehicle, you would know I can't put the stock tune back in the stang becauseit will run like crap. Even when you have just a CAI, a tune is needed. Shame on you.
LOL!! Actually I didn't realize you had the "Racer" intake which a tune is required. The "street" intake can actually be ran without a tune. But regardless I'm not the one who can't afford the tune for my new BMW. If you were that worried about the person buying it than maybe you should of disclosed everything that was done to the vehicle including giving the new owner the Xcal2. It wouldn't of been **** to go home and pull the intake and the tune. You could got quite a bit of money for both of those things. Shame on you.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:13 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

LOL!! Actually I didn't realize you had the "Racer" intake which a tune is required. The "street" intake can actually be ran without a tune. But regardless I'm not the one who can't afford the tune for my new BMW. If you were that worried about the person buying it than maybe you should of disclosed everything that was done to the vehicle including giving the new owner the Xcal2. It wouldn't of been **** to go home and pull the intake and the tune. You could got quite a bit of money for both of those things. Shame on you.
And replace the intake with what? I didn't have the stock intake. What about the longtubes, the gears etc...? All of which need a tune to work correctly with the car. If you would have read my previous posts I'm trying to save money but seeing as I can't profit any money from the SCT I'm going to give in and buythe intake and chipanyways (an extra $200 helps). Damn kids these days...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:19 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

So let me get this straight...

You bought a BMW, yet can't afford $600 for the chip?

Something is not right here...

Good luck trying to scrap some money together for repairs in the future.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

So let me get this straight...

You bought a BMW, yet can't afford $600 for the chip?

Something is not right here...

Good luck trying to scrap some money together for repairs in the future.
You don't have it straight.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

I think I do. You bought something you really can't afford.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Damn.... Alot of haters around here? Just becuase the guy wants to offset the cost of his new parts by selling his old ones is not a crime. Everyone else does the same thing. Hell I sold a crap load of parts off my old car to pay for alot of new parts on the stang!

To the O.P. you prolly should have either left the tuner with the car or returned the car to as stock as possible. Here is an idea for you. See if you can get the dealer to call the new owner and see if they would like to buy the tuner!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

What you get on the trade..????.I am thinking about trading it in as well...

I will try privatly first...

06 GT 6600 miiles better then new!

[IMG]local://upfiles/19878/AD5D549A1CBB46E3AAEF93217FC899DE.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Can I sell it?