Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth's with o/r stock h-pipe installed & ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

Default Loudmouth's with o/r stock h-pipe installed & ?'s

Had the shop throw on the SLP Loudmouth's. I got the MIL eliminators installed also.

This is all new to me, so any confirmation or answer to my ?'s is appreciated.

My check engine light did not come on at all from having the CAT's removed and stock pipe put in. After putting the MIL's on, I left the shop, and well, the engine light is on now; this makes no sense to me. Something ain't right, so it is parked for the night until I can get a look-see. Any ideas?

I was told that the MIL's plug into the existing plugs; like adapters. I asked to see where they are under the car because I have an auto. I will re-read the stickies on this, but any ideas? Shouldn't the MIL's properly installed cancel the engine light (even though it never came on)? Could the initial install cause a signal to be sent?

The car sounded good, loud, with the o/r and stock mufflers.

The SLP's, well, as someone stated, the car will be NASCAR loud.

Not quite, but I was BLOWN away at how loud this thing got.

WoW - I waited too long mods.

Patrick
Old 04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Loudmouth's with o/r stock h-pipe installed & ?'s

I really want to add a O/R setup to my LMs.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

I live at 7000', and I know my car sounds way different at sea level, so I'm wondering about that NASCAR comment I was told.

What I can say is that the d@mn thing sounds like 'wow' when at idle. Almost as in the 'cammed' videos on youtube of GT's. When properly rev'd, it is 'wowie'. My ear hurt for a short while after hearing a good rev from a friend.

Driving, well, that's different. I must have turned 100 heads in the 10 miles. 1600-1700rpm is the 'officer spotted rpm. I about lined up with a police officer at a light, but purposelfully backed off so that he would not hear my acceraltion.

I took it on the freeway to test drone, harmonics. It's there, but not fully idenitifed yet. 2400 rpm, highway speed 75-80, cabin sounds great.

I took my Shaker up to 85% volume, with the windows down, next to a semi and did a WOT.

I could hear nothing, nothing, but that PowerPlant & It's Breath.

Amazing.

Be warned. It's LOUD. I am scared I am going to set off car alarms tomorrow morning in my apt complex parking lot. I have a garage and it is a 'sound chamber'.

Funny, I have a constant smile.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
JohnnyMoss

whats the sound difference without the o/r h pipe? whats the best price on slp loudmouths out there?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JohnnyMoss

whats the sound difference without the o/r h pipe? whats the best price on slp loudmouths out there?
I got my SLP's through Brenspeed with my tune & other items. Free Shipping. Packaged well.

The sound difference is night & day. I had stock mufflers for one week with an o/r stock h-pipe. That made the car sound deeper and very good indeed.

Now, well, with the Loudmouths... 1600-1700 is the quiet zone. 1800-2000 and it makes noise - a lot - and continues right on up and up.

Daily traffic? Hard to do. I drive 10 miles commercial, so I am not worried and am going to run this for a month or so with my other mods to see what I like & such.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

^ I drove mine a while last summer with just my o/r h and no axlebacks. It gets real loud, especially if you start up in garage. But it's not a good loud until you get into the upper rpms. Funny how you can creep up on someone quietly while cruising and scare em when you pass em on the highway.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: captainxanax

Had the shop throw on the SLP Loudmouth's. I got the MIL eliminators installed also.

This is all new to me, so any confirmation or answer to my ?'s is appreciated.

My check engine light did not come on at all from having the CAT's removed and stock pipe put in. After putting the MIL's on, I left the shop, and well, the engine light is on now; this makes no sense to me. Something ain't right, so it is parked for the night until I can get a look-see. Any ideas?

I was told that the MIL's plug into the existing plugs; like adapters. I asked to see where they are under the car because I have an auto. I will re-read the stickies on this, but any ideas? Shouldn't the MIL's properly installed cancel the engine light (even though it never came on)? Could the initial install cause a signal to be sent?

Doesn't brent usually turn off the rear o2's in his tunes? Since a lot of people switch a midpipe anyway? CEL would take the computer a few cycles to catch even if the problem was there.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I only bought my SLP LMs because I got a REALLY good deal on them. Otherwise, find an exhaust shop and have them just weld in a piece of pipe and tips. It'll be probably less than half what people want for the LMs.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

what an o/r stock h pipe?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Just cat deletes with the factory H-Pipe. I was confused when I first saw it, too.

Quick Reply: Loudmouth's with o/r stock h-pipe installed & ?'s