Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gone in 60 seconds SEXY remake 05 stang

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Gone in 60 seconds SEXY remake 05 stang

Amen

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

The whole Eleanor thing really bores me. People call their rides Eleanor more and more, it's like, get some individualism. The current perception of Eleanor is far from beinghistorically correct.

The actual Eleanor was a doudy coloured 1973 Mach 1, not the pimped out Gangsta ride from the 2000 version of the film [:@] which isn't much to get excited about - surely?

You want to see the real Eleanor, rent and see the original. You want to see 4500lbs of Bondo slob around the streets, check out the 2000 version.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Anyone selling a modded mustang is gonna beat a little **** out of it first (Ill be the first to admit that I would to)
I don't agree with that stereotypical assumption. My car is heavily modified and apart from a few wheelstands it's cared for better and driven with more respect thanI give my DD which is twice the value. I can say the same for quite a few of the newer modified "muscle Cars" I know of.
I think you misunderstood me, You own and plan on owning your car so you drive it with respect. Im saying if someone is selling there car and knowing there not going to own it, they tend to treat it differently and beat on it a little more.

As for my price of $25K, yes a mustang and the modifications are worth more then that, but the mustang is now used and modded. Most people dont like to buy modded cars, they prefer OEM and thats a fact (kbb.com) A car that modified now only has a certain buyer. Someone who wants a mustang, wants that overplayed look,is ok with buyinga modded vehicle, and is ok with buying a used vehicle.

With 10K miles its almost at the peak point of loosing the most value from MSRP per miles as well.
One last thing to keep in mind is the Economy isnt at its best position atm, A lot of people are selling there Boats, "Fun cars" and other luxuries for much needed cash to pay morgages or feed there families due to being laid off etc. So you can predict that there will be less buyers then usual for that car, and that he may sell at a lower price, possibly even lower then mine depending on his desperation.

On a final note, Marcuskeeler, Since im such a nice guy ill modify my statement for you so no one else misunderstands me

Most Peopleselling a modded mustangare gonna beat a little **** out of it first (Ill be the first to admit that I would to)
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I didn't misunderstand at all.

It's my car until I sell it, I'll look after it right up until that point. If you buy my car it'll be as good as I can make it, I guarantee it won't be ragged "just because I'm selling it".

OK, I'm a hard working guy who respects my stuff, and the stuff of others. Maybe I'm an exception [?]

You ever heard of Murphys law? Rag on your ride because you're selling it and you'll throw a rod, as sure as eggs are eggs.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Then I applaud you, which is why i changed it to most because i still believe a high ammount of people will end up going for some fun rides.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Yea, I guess that's true. But then, a lot of guys beat on their rides without mercy all the time. Different horses for different courses

I do maintain that you can get a good feeling for the way a car's been treated by sitting down for 10 minutes and chatting with the owner. A subtle question here, a inquisitive inquiry there, it's not hard. [8D]

of course, Ebay is a different thing. Buyer-Beware....
Old 04-25-2008, 12:27 AM
07ROUSHGT
1st Gear Member

Sorrrrrrrrrrry to say it but HAVE ALWAYS hated the 2 front eyes on the close knit bump. On that type of bumper they look like they're crossed eyed [:'(]
Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

The whole Eleanor thing really bores me. People call their rides Eleanor more and more, it's like, get some individualism. The current perception of Eleanor is far from beinghistorically correct.

The actual Eleanor was a doudy coloured 1973 Mach 1, not the pimped out Gangsta ride from the 2000 version of the film [:@] which isn't much to get excited about - surely?

You want to see the real Eleanor, rent and see the original. You want to see 4500lbs of Bondo slob around the streets, check out the 2000 version.
marcuskeeler....I have always thought your car looks magnificent!!!

I realize Cervini C-series is not for everyone.....you know what? I don't believe I have ever referred to my car as an "Eleanor".....

Let me introduce you.....meet the "Skunkster" ~ !

Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

LOL Skunkster, I love it [8D]

Nah, I wasn't targetting anyone with my comments, it's more the Eleanor frenzy [which seems to be gaining weight] which is freakshow. It's funny because the more blinged up a ride becomes the LESS it looks like the Eleanor
Old 04-25-2008, 01:23 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I changed mine up just a bit to make it more my own...

This is the Cervini's rear bumper cover.....no dual exit exhausts.

This is mine with my rear exit exhausts intact. I think my rear-end looks better ~ !

Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

I'll pass. I think the Eleanor look is so over done that it's starting to become unoriginal.
+1

nothing against them at all, but they seem to be everywhere now

Quick Reply: Gone in 60 seconds SEXY remake 05 stang